Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #111
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The reasoning behind this quick sellout (apart from the fact that Lady Maria and Mr Freeze were the best 2 statues from the Wonder festival. NO discussion, please...They were the best offerings from Prime1, hands down) was what i wrote some hours prior to the PO to wake up some fellow collectors who were predicting slow sales etc...

Why (this is going to get waitlisted soon)? a) Is it possible that someone is going to produce a 1/2 or 1/1 Mr Freeze ? NO. A 1/4 is possible. BUT...this 1/3 will be the BIGGER and more detailed representation of Mr Freeze even if its stemming from a video-game. b) The ES @ 350 for the EX is perfect. c) The EX itself is A MUST-HAVE. d) The whole statue is crazy detailed, it is a piece of art!

Case closed. Move on, guys....
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:10 PM   #112
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
The reasoning behind this quick sellout (apart from the fact that Lady Maria and Mr Freeze were the best 2 statues from the Wonder festival. NO discussion, please...They were the best offerings from Prime1, hands down) was what i wrote some hours prior to the PO to wake up some fellow collectors who were predicting slow sales etc...

Why (this is going to get waitlisted soon)? a) Is it possible that someone is going to produce a 1/2 or 1/1 Mr Freeze ? NO. A 1/4 is possible. BUT...this 1/3 will be the BIGGER and more detailed representation of Mr Freeze even if its stemming from a video-game. b) The ES @ 350 for the EX is perfect. c) The EX itself is A MUST-HAVE. d) The whole statue is crazy detailed, it is a piece of art!

Case closed. Move on, guys....
You ordered Freeze and Maria?
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:25 PM   #113
forps

Mr Freeze 1/3, Deathstroke 1/3 and Batman Beyond 1/3 are the 3 best offerings from Prime1 in this line. REALISM with a nostalgia touch for us, the eternal geeks.

Lady Maria just cause i admired the art, this untouchable "museum-vibe". I admit that i dont play video-games, i am only reading comics (35 years reading comics, guys), but this Lady Maria....WHAT a masterpiece....It oozes a "museum-vibe", a "statue-vibe", that only true collectors of ART can admire.....I leave Bowen-"toys" to "children", give me a Lady Maria everyday.

SHOW Lady Maria to your wife (if you have one) and then show her a Bowen piece. CASE CLOSED. Lady Maria is a MASTERPIECE, the other one is going to be called a "toy".... Sorry guys, for the ugly truth....Time to grow up and order statues with a balance of comic accuracy and realism..The best way to collect and not get laughed for being an inner child. Order Skeletor 1/5 from Sideshow (full of realism) to get a nostalgia-touch, not Skeletor 1/4 from PCS that looks 100% like a toy.

See you over the weekend. Stay strong, my friends!
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #114
tormentedbliss

my 1st ever prime 1!!!!! so stoked with nora no less!!!!
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:35 PM   #115
tormentedbliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Mr Freeze 1/3, Deathstroke 1/3 and Batman Beyond 1/3 are the 3 best offerings from Prime1 in this line. REALISM with a nostalgia touch for us, the eternal geeks.

Lady Maria just cause i admired the art, this untouchable "museum-vibe". I admit that i dont play video-games, i am only reading comics (35 years reading comics, guys), but this Lady Maria....WHAT a masterpiece....It oozes a "museum-vibe", a "statue-vibe", that only true collectors of ART can admire.....I leave Bowen-"toys" to "children", give me a Lady Maria everyday.

SHOW Lady Maria to your wife (if you have one) and then show her a Bowen piece. CASE CLOSED. Lady Maria is a MASTERPIECE, the other one is going to be called a "toy".... Sorry guys, for the ugly truth....Time to grow up and order statues with a balance of comic accuracy and realism..The best way to collect and not get laughed for being an inner child. Order Skeletor 1/5 from Sideshow (full of realism) to get a nostalgia-touch, not Skeletor 1/4 from PCS that looks 100% like a toy.

See you over the weekend. Stay strong, my friends!
you were right about thanos, so when i read your post about freeze, i was on it, good job, u were correct, this piece is amazing...NORA!!!!!! is a must!!!!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #116
tormentedbliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
forps calls it again

BIG DETAILS

REALISTIC

SELL OUT
im listening to him everytime!!! say what u want, but he calls it
Old 04-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #117
danteipp
Hellboy

It is a bit unusual that they opted for 350 ES for Freeze but 500 for Scarecrow. I would have thought they would have matched them in ES.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:09 PM   #118
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
It is a bit unusual that they opted for 350 ES for Freeze but 500 for Scarecrow. I would have thought they would have matched them in ES.
They probably though the same about price and details and size as well. Make to big of an es on a detailed piece like this and it doesn't come out right
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #119
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

CRAP. Didn't know this was going up for order today. Got on the wait list. From the sound of it...probably way to late though.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #120
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
They probably though the same about price and details and size as well. Make to big of an es on a detailed piece like this and it doesn't come out right
Yes, I am thinking they were probably a bit worried about the price. I was debating this one, as well as Scarecrow (love the EX on that with the free Batman fear toxin head), got tied up with some stuff at home and saw it went to the Wait List.

I hopped on the WL but I am relatively indifferent right now. I really like both Freeze and Scarecrow but I am thinking I have to draw the line somewhere. The price on Freeze is a tough one. If it was $1,200 I think I would be in for sure.

I am even thinking of cancelling my PO for Killer Croc. Again the price is a bit on the high side and there are so many great statues on the way. I have mostly focused on the heroes in the P1 line, with Deathstroke as well, and might just focus on them. Tough call.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote