Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-28-2024, 02:07 PM   #41
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Star Ace might have to work on the likeness a bit, but the statue being fully sculpted is cool.

She was way before my time, but I view Marilyn as being iconic. Plus she died fairly young like Bruce Lee and James Dean. They have this forever young thing about them.

Agreed. I bought that one as well and their Elvis statue (bad regular portrait but bonus portrait is good). I hope they decide to make a pink dress Marilyn one day.
It doesn't mean we should see multiple and repetitive statues of those characters exclusively.

At least, that would be some differences, something that doesn't exist on the market currently.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:15 PM   #42
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
It doesn't mean we should see multiple and repetitive statues of those characters exclusively.

At least, that would be some differences, something that doesn't exist on the market currently.
[Facepalming here]

The only repetition here is you speaking like there are a gazillion statues produced every month of Marilyn as pictured in that movie, which is simply not true.

Just google "monroe", "seven year itch" and "statue" and tell me how many 'full-fledged' statues you found. That is, not including small trinkets and actual big statues of her in public places. Because, you know, it's kind of an iconic moment and all that, but of course that doesn't seem to be relevant at all.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:15 PM   #43
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Unlike, say, Arnold in a black leather jacket, wielding a shotgun?

Oh, my bad. I guess that's not a right or fair comparison.

I do have both of Blitzway's Marilyns.

No, Hobbyist, the point is you can't seem to understand why people like things you don't.
No, that's not it, Shoo. I do understand. I just don't want or like to see statue of the same character depicted in the same way over and over again in this genre.

We have that issue in movie and comic art related statues. I don't want to see the same thing happen outside that universe.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:16 PM   #44
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
No, that's not it, Shoo. I do understand. I just don't want or like to see statue of the same character depicted in the same way over and over again in this genre.

We have that issue in movie and comic art related statues. I don't want to see the same thing happen outside that universe.
Please see my post above.

You only think you have seen her a lot of times because it's.an.iconic.moment.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:23 PM   #45
Hobbyist

Quote:
[Facepalming here]

The only repetition here is you speaking like there are a gazillion statues produced every month of Marilyn as pictured in that movie, which is simply not true.

Just google "monroe", "seven year itch" and "statue" and tell me how many 'full-fledged' statues you found. That is, not including small trinkets and actual big statues of her in public places. Because, you know, it's kind of an iconic moment and all that, but of course that doesn't seem to be relevant at all.
There are way too many already, IMO.

Imagine if JND would produce statue of that Korean actress over and over again, even in different costume. It would be ridiculous.

One statue of her masterfully done is brilliant. Multiple statues of her diminish the artistic value.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:26 PM   #46
Hobbyist

It's perfectly fine if we don't see eye-to-eye on this. I am just voicing my opinion here. It is not a debate. I am not seeking consensus here.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:32 PM   #47
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
There are way too many already, IMO.

Imagine if JND would produce statue of that Korean actress over and over again, even in different costume. It would be ridiculous.

One statue of her masterfully done is brilliant. Multiple statues of her diminish the artistic value.
Imagine if every company would suddenly start producing statues of me in a speedo. It's difficult to conceive that such a thing would in any way diminish the non-existent artistic value of the first one, but I would certainly hide my embarrassment and laugh all the way to the bank. But you know what? That won't happen.

Quote:
It is not a debate.
You're right that it's not a debate. Because it's apparent it's all a matter of you criticizing statues not to your liking simply being made, and because you're already entering the realm of make-believe, grasping at straws.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:51 PM   #48
Hobbyist

Quote:
Imagine if every company would suddenly start producing a statue of me in a speedo. It's difficult to conceive that such a thing would in any way diminish the non-existent artistic value of the first one, but I would certainly hide my embarrassment and laugh all the way to the bank. But you know what? That won't happen.

You're right that it's not a debate. Because it's apparent it's all a matter of you criticizing statues not to your liking simply being made, and because you're already entering the realm of make-believe grasping at straws.
Can you 3D print a prototype and post a photo here? You never know. A statue of Shoo in a speedo? Someone might be interested.

That's not the case at all but you are entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:55 PM   #49
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Can you 3D print a prototype and post a photo here?
I think every 3D printer in the world has a failsafe function to prevent me in particular from doing exactly that. Thank God.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:57 PM   #50
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
That is besides the point. Should anyone care that you like statues of Marilyn Monroe?
....in a thread dedicated to Marilyn Monroe - my liking the subject matter probably has more relevance than you not liking the subject matter. When / if I discuss the concept, or the quality of the statue (which I haven't) it's a constructive push to get the statue to a point where I would buy it - you simply not liking the statue is about as dead end a statement as you can get, for other enthusiasts or the company itself.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote