Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

What has happened with the shipping rates to Europe?!!!

Okay, I just saw this being posted in few other threads, double checked some of my existing pre-orders/orders and some of them while still being at $40, the others changed to nearly $70, whereas certain statues like Kylo Ren PF - the shipping alone to EU costs a whopping $100!!!That's $670 before taxes and duty and nearly $900 for a Premium Format Statue!!! And US, gets free shipping. Is there anyone from sideshow or anyone at all that knows anything about this that can clarify?

If my existing POs or orders' shipping will get updated I think that's it for me. I really pains me, but it's way too much. I never said a word when Sideshow raised the prices on the statues, but at this point $900 for a 1/4 Sideshow piece shipped to Europe makes no sense.

This is really upsetting.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
Python
Omega Red

This happened some weeks ago now, seems it's here to stay as all new items have had much higher shipping rates than we're used too. I guess in fairness, it brings sideshow more into line with the more expensive shipping prices other similar companies charge, but it is unfortunate for us none the less as they have spoiled us on this regard which was really cool of them. Combined with the ever increasing prices of the actual items, the higher shipping costs are hard to bare, import duty is the final nail. I'd love to buy Kylo, but have to admit defeat I think. I just really hope that current orders that have a TBD shipping price will be more like the older rates so I don't have to cancel the 1:1 Predator bust.

I believe some items were lowered, the retro batman stuff etc so there is a little hope other items might follow suit.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #3
RadAsGhoul

I really just noticed this now, after your post in the 'ask...' thread. Man, that is crazy. Sure the initial $40 was just a placeholder but the shipping never got more expensive than 50-60. Right now it seems like it's going to be around 100+. Just bummed about it all. I think it's safe to assume that buying an EX directly from Sideshow will be a thing of the past, as I can get the standard edition within EU for $200-300 cheaper. :/
Old 06-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Yea it definitely sucks balls how much more international collectors end up paying for this stuff. I'm in Toronto Canada which geographically is actually closer to California than a lot of places in the US, yet shipping costs 40-55 for me, and it's free for someone in Maine. I wish customs wasn't such bull---- or we had better ways of shipping to make it easy / cheap to freely ship stuff back and forth across the border.

But yea, if shipping in canada goes above the current 55, that's it i'm done at that point. Factor in the increased prices, the shipping, the taxes, and the exchange rate, if it gets any worse i'm bailing out : /
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #5
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Are you guys in the EU now having your SS stuff shipped by USPS or are you still getting your deliveries with Fed Ex?

I noticed the rises in int'l shipping charges a little while ago when SS started using USPS rather than Fed Ex - and they are still going up.

Whatever deal SS had going with Fed Ex, it would appear that they weren't able to cut a similar one with USPS.
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:16 AM   #6
RadAsGhoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanrm View Post
Are you guys in the EU now having your SS stuff shipped by USPS or are you still getting your deliveries with Fed Ex?

I noticed the rises in int'l shipping charges a little while ago when SS started using USPS rather than Fed Ex - and they are still going up.

Whatever deal SS had going with Fed Ex, it would appear that they weren't able to cut a similar one with USPS.
That's interesting. It's been a while since I got the last statue from Sideshow, it's quite possible that they are not using FedEx anymore. I will get in touch with CS later on today and see what they have to say
Old 06-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #7
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanrm View Post

Everything I've ever purchased form Sideshow has shipped with Fed ex, the Boba Fett PF quite recently. Hopefully that won't change but the rates only went up a few weeks ago so who knows..
Old 06-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #8
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfnar View Post
Yea it definitely sucks balls how much more international collectors end up paying for this stuff. I'm in Toronto Canada which geographically is actually closer to California than a lot of places in the US, yet shipping costs 40-55 for me, and it's free for someone in Maine. I wish customs wasn't such bull---- or we had better ways of shipping to make it easy / cheap to freely ship stuff back and forth across the border.

But yea, if shipping in canada goes above the current 55, that's it i'm done at that point. Factor in the increased prices, the shipping, the taxes, and the exchange rate, if it gets any worse i'm bailing out : /
Exact same here buddy. The exchange alone makes a statue 20 - 30% more expensive right off the bat. Add in shipping... especially if it's being increased, that just about does it. SS should really attempt to setup shop with some sort of subsidiary distribution channel in Canada. Like so many of one statue ship straight from China to Canada cutting costs. I know we have a huge statue collector community in the north.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #9
Python
Omega Red

They used to have one here, maybe it would be viable again in future, it sure would be nice...
Old 06-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #10
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Yup. International collecting just got more painful.

A few months ago the rather large P2 Maquette cost $40.
Now I'm being quoted over $70 for the rather small Godzilla Statue.

Keep in mind that Chronicle Collectibles are quoting $320-440 for their new JP Rex statue.

Glad my room is pretty full
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote