Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

» Spotlight
Dechirico Diamond Select Gwenpool Statue BDL Diamond Select Black Panther Statue DGK Sideshow COTD Poxxil Exclusive PF Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #1161
Silas Loki
Luke Cage
 
Silas Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,783
Well, I'm responding to the point that we're unlikely to get another statue of Eva Green. I mean, that depends on what work she does going forward. If she does more films like 300 etc you may well see another statue.

I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan of Eva Green, so I don't know her full acting portfolio, but the only other character she has played (that I know of) that might generate a 1/4 scale statue would be her as a Bond girl.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #1162
Chargersfan57
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
 
Chargersfan57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Well, I'm responding to the point that we're unlikely to get another statue of Eva Green. I mean, that depends on what work she does going forward. If she does more films like 300 etc you may well see another statue.

I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan of Eva Green, so I don't know her full acting portfolio, but the only other character she has played (that I know of) that might generate a 1/4 scale statue would be her as a Bond girl.
True it all depends on her future work and if that work is marketable. I really only know her from Bond as well but she will also be in the new Sin City movie.

So she may be gaining popularity.

So yeah we may see more collectibles yet but it's early to tell.

I can see the roles I HAVE seen her in I've quite liked.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #1163
built2shred
Cyclops
Adamantium Plus Member
 
built2shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Is it really about Eva Green or a character she plays on TV or in a film.
IMO, Both.... Even though 300 overall was just ok, I thought she personally did an awesome job playing her character. For me she kept the movie from being a complete disaster.

She hasn't done a lot but she was good in Kingdom of Heaven, Casino Royal and Camelot (as Morgan).. and lets not forget the Dreamers
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #1164
Silas Loki
Luke Cage
 
Silas Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,783
I wonder if there would be a market for 1/4 scale statues of actors and actresses, not in any character, just as themselves?

I guess a company could do something like a "Red Carpet" line, so you'd get your favourite actor at least well dressed
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #1165
built2shred
Cyclops
Adamantium Plus Member
 
built2shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I wonder if there would be a market for 1/4 scale statues of actors and actresses, not in any character, just as themselves?

I guess a company could do something like a "Red Carpet" line, so you'd get your favourite actor at least well dressed
Maybe for female collectors (shrug)

Sure I want a Eva Green statue of 300 carrying swords, but I'm pretty sure I don't want a Eva Green in a evening gown walking down the red carpet, it just loses it's cool factor really quick...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #1166
Silas Loki
Luke Cage
 
Silas Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Maybe for female collectors (shrug)

Sure I want a Eva Green statue of 300 carrying swords, but I'm pretty sure I don't want a Eva Green in a evening gown walking down the red carpet, it just loses it's cool factor really quick...
Really, I think it could be awesome! But, BUT, the likeness would have to be off the charts good! Maybe get some Super Models and Playmates on the go as well! Hell, I'd support that line!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #1167
jedi_don
Kingpin
 
jedi_don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 5,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
True it all depends on her future work and if that work is marketable. I really only know her from Bond as well but she will also be in the new Sin City movie.

So she may be gaining popularity.

So yeah we may see more collectibles yet but it's early to tell.

I can see the roles I HAVE seen her in I've quite liked.
She was in the new Sin City movie and no watched it. One of the biggest flops this summer. So that did nothing for her exposure.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:48 AM   #1168
Chargersfan57
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
 
Chargersfan57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
IMO, Both.... Even though 300 overall was just ok,
Really?! Rise was the best movie I saw all year! As a matter of fact, my friend and I thought it was so good that we saw it twice in the same night within an hour of each showing.

We saw it with one group of friends at 8:00 p.m, and then with another group sometime after 10:00p.m.

Everyone we saw it with was amazed and then I was reading online afterward about how so many people where surprised at how good it was.

We all went in thinking it would be okay, but in a lot of ways it was better than the original!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
She was in the new Sin City movie and no watched it. One of the biggest flops this summer. So that did nothing for her exposure.
Oh, you're right....was....

I remember seeing posters of it at the theater not too long ago and then I haven't been paying attention to it but I guess it came out already.

No one has been talking about so I forgot about it and thought it was still about to come out.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #1169
dechirico7
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
dechirico7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 16,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
She was in the new Sin City movie and no watched it. One of the biggest flops this summer. So that did nothing for her exposure.
I don't get why they pulled that out of the theater after a week. I wasn't able to even see it. They must have had no turnout for that movie at all. I was really bummed. I'm not sure it even came to Wisconsin actually. Seems like it was only in select theaters and then bam, gone.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #1170
built2shred
Cyclops
Adamantium Plus Member
 
built2shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Really?! Rise was the best movie I saw all year! As a matter of fact, my friend and I thought it was so good that we saw it twice in the same night within an hour of each showing.

We saw it with one group of friends at 8:00 p.m, and then with another group sometime after 10:00p.m.

Everyone we saw it with was amazed and then I was reading online afterward about how so many people where surprised at how good it was.

We all went in thinking it would be okay, but in a lot of ways it was better than the original!



Oh, you're right....was....

I remember seeing posters of it at the theater not too long ago and then I haven't been paying attention to it but I guess it came out already.

No one has been talking about so I forgot about it and thought it was still about to come out.
I think what annoyed me the most was that I wanted to see the Spartans more, watching a bunch of farmers play warrior was kind of anti-climatic..

Like I said I thought it was ok but I thought the first one was better...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com