Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-09-2016, 11:38 AM   #11
toty21
The Avengers

Nothing Frazetta has arrived yet, which I suspect is where most folk's interest lies.
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #12
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I'll definitely try to give you my opinion once I receive her, TNovak. She and DD will be my first ARH pieces so I hope they both exceed my expectations.

I agree the base looks like it will be a challenge, but I couldn't pass on her. For me, the painting was always one of my favorites but I'm admittedly weak when it comes to curvy, warrior-type ladies in art.
Thanks man,

Another thing that made it hard for me to pass was the fact that this was sculpted by Tony Cipriano (although the facewas later altered) and Tony is one of my favorite sculptors. For my money no Frazetta sculpt that I have seen in person to date measures up to his Snow Giants in terms of correctly getting the painting transferred to 3D sculpt.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #13
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Thanks man,

Another thing that made it hard for me to pass was the fact that this was sculpted by Tony Cipriano (although the facewas later altered) and Tony is one of my favorite sculptors. For my money no Frazetta sculpt that I have seen in person to date measures up to his Snow Giants in terms of correctly getting the painting transferred to 3D sculpt.
I've only seen the Snow Giants piece in photos, but I agree he did an amazing job on that.

Yeah, I had mixed feelings about the face alteration at first, but I grew to like it. Tony's original sculpt was undoubtedly closer to the painting, but I'm not sure it translated well to statue form. In hindsight, it felt kind of simplistic and lacked definition. That's not a knock against Tony but probably the best he could do with what he had to work from. Her face in the painting isn't extremely well defined to begin with, similar to the girl in the Barbarian painting. That's why ARH had to alter her face on that statue which I'm totally fine with. I feel the new face on Huntress still captures the essence of the original sculpt but has more definition to it and will look better in hand.

Edit: It's too late now, but did you consider going for the solo Huntress? Smaller base and half the price.

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #14
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

Yea the newer head definitely looks way better imo.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #15
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
I've only seen the Snow Giants piece in photos, but I agree he did an amazing job on that.

Edit: It's too late now, but did you consider going for the solo Huntress? Smaller base and half the price.
No it was always with the cats or nothing for me. As I said it has never been one of my favorite Frazetta paintings but the cats are a huge part of it and I wouldn't consider buying just the girl.

RE the Snow Giants, you can pick them up fairly cheaply these days, if you don't have them you should buy them. You will not be disappointed.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:58 PM   #16
BOB555
Frackin!

Do they give shipping notice? Or just ship the statue I have Ares gold on order
BOB555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:58 PM   #17
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
No it was always with the cats or nothing for me. As I said it has never been one of my favorite Frazetta paintings but the cats are a huge part of it and I wouldn't consider buying just the girl.

RE the Snow Giants, you can pick them up fairly cheaply these days, if you don't have them you should buy them. You will not be disappointed.
Yeah, I figured that's what you were going to say.

I completely agree which is why I didn't go for solo Barbarian either. Had to have the complete version there as well.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:21 AM   #18
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Ok so they received the statues,but no news if they started shipping them yet!
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #19
Mister Ski
The Avengers

I got a shipping notice for Tarzan yesterday.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:16 PM   #20
Valkyrie

Update on FB.

Guys, Just letting everyone know that we have started shipping the 2014 line of statues. We are shipping everything by product, and we have already shipped out TARZAN and HERCULES. Tomorrow we start on ARHIAN and so forth.
This week yet, we hope to send out most shipping notices to everyone. If you don't receive yours, please contact us at arhstudios@hotmail.com
best,
Arahom Radjah