Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-22-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Art Book & Sketch Book Forum

I would love to see Statueforum add an art book and Sketchbook forum to the website. They have a forum for pretty much everything but art books and sketch books. Anyone else out there that would like to see this added? Art books and Sketch books are one of my primary collecting hobbies and it would be nice to have a place to post up new releases and people thoughts on certain releases.

For example, I just received a bunch of sketchbooks by Jay Anacleto and they were amazing. And I also just received the new Michael Turner Superman/Batman release by Graphitti designs and that is without question one of the most beautiful art books I have purchased to date.

Again, it would be really nice to have a forum dedicated to this side of the market, especially considering it has more releases than pretty much any other hobby out there. There are new art books released all the time and new sketchbooks by tons of artists at cons all the time.

Anyways, I just wanted to see what the general feedback from other members was on this subject and what one would do to go about requesting that Statueforum add a forum dedicated to this material.

What do you guys think? If you like the idea, please email Statue Forum customer service and ask that they add an Art Book/Sketch Book forum. Again they could even add Omnibus's and trade paperbacks if they really wanted to. An Artbook/Sketchbook sub forum is sorely overdue on this website!! Lets try and make it happen!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
strife87
Spider-Ham

I'm always interested to see something new,I don't own any at this time, but the thread got my attention
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:00 PM   #3
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
And I also just received the new Michael Turner Superman/Batman release by Graphitti designs and that is without question one of the most beautiful art books I have purchased to date.
Do you mean the one that's basically an Artist Edition? I just watched a video on it a few days ago. I didn't know it had Michael Turner's other DC covers as well. I'm going to get that one.

There isn't much interest that I've seen here in sketchbooks or larger format books. I remember starting a few threads before on Spider-Man and Dave Stevens books.

I usually check Parkablogs and there is a forum called Marvel Masterworks I think. They have information on the upcoming collected editions.

Sketchbooks I just check eBay during SDCC.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:25 PM   #4
RyanGabriel
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Me too I used to check Parkablogs as well. I have a few Artbooks. I will try to post some pics over the weekend.
RyanGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:50 PM   #5
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGabriel View Post
Me too I used to check Parkablogs as well. I have a few Artbooks. I will try to post some pics over the weekend.
Yeah, but I don't want it just to be a single thread where people post up stuff. I really want Statue Forum to add a new sub forum dedicated specifically to art books and sketchbooks. They could even add Omnibus's as well.

The problem with just a single thread is there are so many art books/sketch books released on a regular basis that we would be up to hundreds of pages in no time at all and then stuff just gets lost when you have so many pages. I know I personally hate having to look through tons of new pages on a regular basis. This is really a hobby that needs its own sub forum. In all honesty, there are more art books/sketch books/omnibus's released on an annual basis than any other collectible genre that has its own forum on Statue forum. And Art Books, Sketch Books and Omnibus's are one of my primary collecting hobbies and it just really sucks that there isn't a dedicated forum for this market.

Statue forum does have a literature and book section, but that is really very different than art books and sketch books and again given the sheer number of art book/sketch book releases, if people even posted a fraction of them on the literature and book section, it would flood the forum and posts made for regular literature and books would just get lost in the sheer number of art books posts. I know I myself would make a ton of posts on a regular basis. Its just better to keep the Literature and book forum as it is and add a separate forum for Art books/Sketch books and maybe even Omnibus's and trade paperbacks. I have already emailed my suggestion to Statue forum, but I am just one person. If you like the idea of having a separate forum for this material, please send your own email to Statue Forum asking them to add a forum for these markets.

I have over 30 art books pre ordered right now from Amazon and have hundreds sitting on my shelves that I would highly recommend. And the sheer number of Sketchbooks that are being produced right now is insane. Individual artists produce them all the time. The tip I gave earlier in the week in regards to Artgerms 2nd Sketchbook being available on Ink Ink's Etsy storefront for just $30 is a perfect example of the kinds of posts that would be perfect for such a forum. And odds are, most people that visit Statue forum buy art books or sketch books from time to time. Its definitely one of the more popular collecting markets.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:03 PM   #6
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Do you mean the one that's basically an Artist Edition? I just watched a video on it a few days ago. I didn't know it had Michael Turner's other DC covers as well. I'm going to get that one.

There isn't much interest that I've seen here in sketchbooks or larger format books. I remember starting a few threads before on Spider-Man and Dave Stevens books.

I usually check Parkablogs and there is a forum called Marvel Masterworks I think. They have information on the upcoming collected editions.

Sketchbooks I just check eBay during SDCC.
Yeah, the one from Graphitti Designs. The book is absolutely huge and its stunning. One of the most beautiful art books I have ever purchased. And while Parkablogs has info on Marvel Masterworks, that is just a tiny fraction of the overall offerings in the art book/sketchbook/omnibus/trade paperback market. Adding Omnibus's and trade paperbacks is just an idea. I would be ok either way. Its the Art Books and Sketch Books that are so in need of a separate forum. I am really hoping that statue forum will start a forum dedicated to those kinds of books. Honestly, the sheer number of quality art books that get released on a regular basis is mind boggling. It would be so nice to have a place to post up new releases, discuss new releases, post up sales, post up links to various sites that sell them and so on and so forth.

Statue forum even has a sub forum for video games. How can they have a sub forum for video game and not have a sub forum for art books and sketch books? Its just such a huge market and again I am betting almost everyone that visits Statue Forum buys art books or sketch books from time to time. It really does need its own sub forum.