Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
Roar12
Frackin!

Statues vs figures

Hello all.

Im pretty new at this, and so far I have only collected 3 statues and one figure and it was my intention to stick mostly to statues but after looking at all the Hot Toy figures I dont know what to do.

The figures look amazing and just like the characters, and so many cool accessaries!

They also seem to display very nicely.

Was just wondering about all your opinions on this as im not sure of there resale value and such.

Thanks
Roar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

IMO, if you are into collecting movie related collectibles you can't go wrong with Hot Toys. Their likenesses are second to none IMO. If you are into comic related statues and are wanting the same scale as 1/6 scale, then Bowen and Kotobukiya are the place to go. 1/4 scale would be Sideshow and PCS (or if you are willing to pay more and deal with shipping from overseas, then XM would be my choice )
Old 11-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #3
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Let your passion for the characters and art drive your collecting.
YOU will have to look at them on display and enjoy them for years to come. What pleases YOUR eye? So collect what you enjoy. Don't worry about resale. And who cares if it's a high end statue or even a NECA action figure. I collect it all.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:59 PM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Let your passion for the characters and art drive your collecting.
YOU will have to look at them on display and enjoy them for years to come. What pleases YOUR eye? So collect what you enjoy. Don't worry about resale. And who cares if it's a high end statue or even a NECA action figure. I collect it all.
Ditto, Hallmark ornaments, 1:18 scale die cast, action figures. Get what you like.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:02 AM   #5
strife87
Spider-Ham

Have to agree here, it would be difficult to stick with one thing and one thing only. Keep in mind it's your collection, collect what you want and are going to enjoy, I have no issue mixing and matching scale, if I like it, it will have a place in my collection, from little collectibles to large statues. If you'd like, browse around the collection corner thread, there's lots of fantastic collections to browse through and can give you an idea of what is out there, with creative ways to display it all together well.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:21 AM   #6
Roar12
Frackin!

That's all great advice guys !

Thanks.
Roar12 is offline   Reply With Quote