Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #401
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Yeah with ya on Megatron. I've got the EX and that mace or whatever looks great. Also, very much agree they should have the axe in another hand.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:27 PM   #402
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Just a thought for myself and those of you on the fence with P1 Optimus Prime. Currently the Exclusive is in low stock and from my experience, once an Exclusive moves into Waitlist it never leaves. Call it Sideshows way of controlling the price. Which gets me to the point. If you have Sideshow rewards or a discount code of any kind and are thinking of getting this piece, my understanding is once this moves to Waitlist all codes or rewards may not be applied to it. Meaning, only available for $999.99, at least for the Exclusive. You should be good for the regular though. So if you are on the fence, don't get humpty dumpty'd. I think I'm going to have a look again.....

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:37 AM   #403
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Maybe. But it seems like there isn't much demand for this line, to be perfectly honest. I'm sure that the EX can be found for under retail online, if you take a look at the various facebook groups.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:33 AM   #404
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Maybe. But it seems like there isn't much demand for this line, to be perfectly honest. I'm sure that the EX can be found for under retail online, if you take a look at the various facebook groups.
Well, Optimus has moved from "Low Stock" to "Almost Sold Out."

But yes, you can go to the aftermarket and pay in the range of $1000 for something someone else opened and play the nothing's wrong roulette.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:02 PM   #405
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Debating picking up the Imaginarium Art Soundwave to go with these guys, unless P1 is going to be doing one. Not sure about IA though.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:17 PM   #406
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Debating picking up the Imaginarium Art Soundwave to go with these guys, unless P1 is going to be doing one. Not sure about IA though.
IA seems like they have some bad mojo about them... havent really heard anything positive about them recently. not sure how the sizing would match up with them either, soundwaves a good bit smaller than both megs and prime right?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:05 PM   #407
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
IA seems like they have some bad mojo about them... havent really heard anything positive about them recently. not sure how the sizing would match up with them either, soundwaves a good bit smaller than both megs and prime right?
I always remembered him being taller from the cartoons and comics, but that was admittedly a long time ago. Lol

And yeah, heard a lot of negative stuff about them as well!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:38 PM   #408
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Set mine up. I have to say that for $1k he feels far too delicate. There's only one peg, and the whole thing is being held upright by pressure and gravity alone. And there's a lot of small pieces that simply rest in place being held on with the weakest of magnets. I've warned my girl not to touch or move him because a slight nudge could send the whole thing toppling down like jenga blocks.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:43 PM   #409
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Set mine up. I have to say that for $1k he feels far too delicate. There's only one peg, and the whole thing is being held upright by pressure and gravity alone. And there's a lot of small pieces that simply rest in place being held on with the weakest of magnets. I've warned my girl not to touch or move him because a slight nudge could send the whole thing toppling down like jenga blocks.
Yeah, I love it, but it's certainly got a kit feel to it! Looks great with Megatron though.

Was it worth 1k? No, but I still really like it.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #410
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Yeah, I love it, but it's certainly got a kit feel to it!
Absolutely. And that's the best way to describe it. It feels like a bunch of pieces that need to be glued together.

The engineering behind this is awful.