Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-24-2019, 02:32 PM   #111
Max Carnage
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Collect Diamond Select Toys instead.
Thought about that too but either they are getting into MCU stuff too much which I’m not interested in or they are doing characters I am most interested in as resin form (it makes them start $120-150) in an unlucky way.

I am thinking about putting 1/10 statue collection aside and getting into Mezco figures but if a few Premier statues gets a deal in the mid/long run I might add them into my 1/10 collection. Of course statues and figures with soft goods are whole different things but Mezco are mostly selecting characters that I only wish Kotobukiya would also do under ArtFX+ series.
Max Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #112
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Carnage View Post
Thought about that too but either they are getting into MCU stuff too much which I’m not interested in or they are doing characters I am most interested in as resin form (it makes them start $120-150) in an unlucky way.

I am thinking about putting 1/10 statue collection aside and getting into Mezco figures but if a few Premier statues gets a deal in the mid/long run I might add them into my 1/10 collection. Of course statues and figures with soft goods are whole different things but Mezco are mostly selecting characters that I only wish Kotobukiya would also do under ArtFX+ series.
You could just go the PVC Gallery route. They're making tons of comics-inspired statues.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=165364
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:02 PM   #113
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Carnage View Post

Totally agree. This is the first time in about 5 years that I don't have a single Koto item preordered. Not a single Marvel/DC/Star Wars collectible I'm interested in, and from the looks of things it will be a while before they come out with an affordable piece I like. In the meantime, DST is getting my money with their resin line. It's amazing that their 1/6 resin line is cheaper than the Koto 1/10 plastic line. Super happy with the switch so far.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote