Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-15-2019, 05:10 PM   #401
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

She'll be mine! When does it go up on SS site?
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:46 PM   #402
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Sideshow usually puts Prime statues up on their site a week or so after Prime puts it on their site. Sometimes it takes longer though (like Supergirl).
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:16 PM   #403
gearhead
The Herculoids

No matter how may of these P1 sells, they would have sold a lot more if the base was just the ramp with some explosives on a much smaller rock. I respect P1 for sticking to their artistic vision, but in this case it was a mistake. For those of you who like the Joker base, if you would have never seen it and they only showed a ramp base, you would still have loved it, and so would everyone else. Double the sales.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:29 PM   #404
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

There's no way to guarantee it would be double the sales. Or even close to that.

And besides, I'm not sure why everyone is making such a big deal out of this one because it's really not THAT outlandish in comparison to other P1 pieces recently. Here's some width measurement comparisons, and YES I acknowledge that 1) Some of these can be displayed in a way makes the width less of an issue and 2) Some of the width measurements are counting things like cape extensions, or whatever. But still some of them are very comparable, and this is just what P1 does. Their 1/3 pieces take up a lot of space. Personally if I'm paying this much $ for something I'd rather they go all-out than skimp on details, but I understand different people want different things.

Harley Quinn: 22.3"
Knightfall Batman: 23.8"
Hush Batman: 27.6"
Hush Superman (the fabric version): 28.3"
Hush Poison Ivy: 25.1"
DKIII Batman: 25.9"
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:41 PM   #405
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
There's no way to guarantee it would be double the sales. Or even close to that.

And besides, I'm not sure why everyone is making such a big deal out of this one because it's really not THAT outlandish in comparison to other P1 pieces recently. Here's some width measurement comparisons, and YES I acknowledge that 1) Some of these can be displayed in a way makes the width less of an issue and 2) Some of the width measurements are counting things like cape extensions, or whatever. But still some of them are very comparable, and this is just what P1 does. Their 1/3 pieces take up a lot of space. Personally if I'm paying this much $ for something I'd rather they go all-out than skimp on details, but I understand different people want different things.

V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:03 PM   #406
Glencairn
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
No matter how may of these P1 sells, they would have sold a lot more if the base was just the ramp with some explosives on a much smaller rock. I respect P1 for sticking to their artistic vision, but in this case it was a mistake. For those of you who like the Joker base, if you would have never seen it and they only showed a ramp base, you would still have loved it, and so would everyone else. Double the sales.
Agreed 100%, I know they like to make a big bases but this time they went a bit too far.
I think Harley should be the centerpiece of the statue, not her base
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #407
myskye23
Hellboy

Just a guess from my part, but maybe due to Harley's position and how she's leaning back with seemingly one leg attached to the base, and then with the pose of her holding onto the mallet, the right side of the base with the Joker statue acts as a counterweight so that Harley wouldn't tip over? Looking at the statue closely, you can tell that so much weight is distributed to the left side and back of the base.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #408
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post

Width is not my problem. It's the obscene depth.

I wish everyone the best of luck finding a place to hold a 22" to 26" deep statue that also weighs 60lbs.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:55 AM   #409
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Width is not my problem. It's the obscene depth.

I wish everyone the best of luck finding a place to hold a 22" to 26" deep statue that also weighs 60lbs.
That's also my main issue as well. Width and height are of no importance to me, just depth. Luckily, the measurements are sometimes off or the depth is not in the base, but the arms, guns, etc. As long as the whole bottom of the base makes contact with the shelf then just move the shelf a few inches from the wall. I'm going to have to build my own shelf eventually.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:23 AM   #410
Biggunz
Loki

Yeah this one is pricey.
More then poison ivy doesn’t make sense to me or even the same price
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote