Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: would you still want bone claws if it eliminates this pose with metal claws?
NO 21 58.33%
YES 4 11.11%
yes, but ONLY if the metal claws can be displayed in this pose 13 36.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #11
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I saw a picture with metal claws and this pose, discussion done.

pretty frustrated about this, i was really looking forward to this statue
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #12
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

"discussion done"

Yeah it's done alright....no need to have any going forward since it can't be trusted.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:48 PM   #13
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I couldn't care less about the bone claws. I'd never display them. I prefer both of the other options to this one but the ability to mix would be better than having bone claws imo
Ditto!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Well in that case throw in the bone claws

Instead do a pool about that belt.
EXACTLY!!! I vote nah to the fancy belt tip!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:54 PM   #14
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Not really understanding the poll question... but personally, I wouldn't display Wolverine without Adamantium claws... regardless of whatever backstory/comic/creative reason... even it it was a statue of Wolverine drinking a coke,,, I'd still want his Adamantium claws out possibly through the coke can...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #15
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Not really understanding the poll question...
originally when the first photos were released it was unclear how the switch out arms would come - with hands permanently attached to the arms or attached with magnets so you could swap them on the different arms

it seems now to be confirmed the hands / arms are one piece so the question now is - would you prefer two sets of adamantium claws (arms bent and arms straight) or one set of adamantium (arms straight) and one set of bone claws (arms bent)?
Old 02-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #16
mva5580

My initial thought when I first saw the renders was that I would prefer to have one set of bone claws and one set of adamantium but now actually seeing the bone claws produced, I'm not a fan of how they look. I'd want both to be adamantium.

Of course I also don't think it's asking a crazy amount that on a 1/4 scale $1,000 statue that all of these options would be possible....but I don't see that happening.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:51 PM   #17
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I saw a picture with metal claws and this pose, discussion done.
If that's the case, why did XM just list this item on their website as coming with bone claws? I would say that is false advertising if this statue is not coming with bone claws. Or are you saying their will be 4 sets of arms (one with the swords, one with the adamantium claws aimed back, one with adamantium claws aimed forward, and one with bone claws aimed forward)?
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:55 PM   #18
mva5580

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
If that's the case, why did XM just list this item on their website as coming with bone claws? I would say that is false advertising if this statue is not coming with bone claws. Or are you saying their will be 4 sets of arms (one with the swords, one with the adamantium claws aimed back, one with adamantium claws aimed forward, and one with bone claws aimed forward)?
The problem is that post which was quoted is from a year ago. And it's (probably) from the piece that was brought around to shows, which DID have adamantium claws in both positions and the bone claws were never at any shows. It was asked on here MULTIPLE times whether or not the bone claws were still going to be made, and it was never answered. The PO listing says nothing about there being all of the different sets of arms for each option, just what you see in the pictures.

All of this is, again, why I really think this slow drip of teasing pictures/showing prototypes at shows years before something goes on sale isn't beneficial. And if that is the way it's going to be, then communicate better with people.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #19
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
The problem is that post which was quoted is from a year ago. And it's (probably) from the piece that was brought around to shows, which DID have adamantium claws in both positions and the bone claws were never at any shows. It was asked on here MULTIPLE times whether or not the bone claws were still going to be made, and it was never answered. The PO listing says nothing about there being all of the different sets of arms for each option, just what you see in the pictures.

All of this is, again, why I really think this slow drip of teasing pictures/showing prototypes at shows years before something goes on sale isn't beneficial. And if that is the way it's going to be, then communicate better with people.
Ultimately, I think the best thing to do is give 4 sets of arms. That should make everyone happy at that point given how much these statues cost now.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #20
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Ultimately, I think the best thing to do is give 4 sets of arms. That should make everyone happy at that point given how much these statues cost now.
i will admit four sets of arms is a bit excessive but if they really want to include the bone claws for whatever reason (even though no one is really asking them to) make the gloves detachable from the arms so you can swap them as you please