Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-27-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
SONICobra
Batman

PS4 or XBOX one?

thinking about picking up a new console with the gf, tried searching on here didnt see a thread comparison. which do you guys think is the better choice?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
Augen
The Hulk

I prefer PlayStation, but it is ultimately subjective based on game tastes. If I were you I'd look at the libraries of each and figure out what games you like. There is about 80% overlap and then 20% that differentiates what you can have.

For example I love Horizon, God of War, Persona 5, Spider-Man, Detroit, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Last of us, Nier, which are PlayStation titles I don't think are on Xbox. Tons of games that you can get on either so I rarely ever feel like I'm missing out.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
Frankierock
Omega Red

I actually own both, due to the fact there are alot of different games on both, as stated above. I think it comes down to personal taste. Have you owned a playstation or an Xbox before? Sometimes the familiarity of the older generation will steer you in one direction. Also another thing will depend on your TV..if it's a standard led TV. Go with a PS4 ..looks great...4k get the Xbox.
But it will in the end come down to games..sports and multi player work better on the Xbox...single player, story based games ps4.
Hope this helps some.
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
Barbarian
Jedi Order

I was ALWAYS and XBox guy since way back. Picked up the PS4 when it came due to getting sick of XBox and their annoying BS constantly popping up while I was either playing or watching TV, always asking me to enter my passwords and such. They started pulling a "big brother" attitude and I sent them packing. Anyways, I never looked back. No regrets. I have the PS4 Pro now and it has 4K/60 FPS capabilities. I don't see me ever buying an XBox again, but who knows?
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:22 PM   #5
ukshaun
Hercules

My PS4 is full..

I'm planning on getting a PS4-Pro + 4K TV
Spider-man, GT Sport, Death Stranding, Tekken 7 all push the power of PS4-Pro and are on my wants list.

Yeah, its all about the games

Sony just might announce Playstation 5 in December.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #6
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
For example I love Horizon, God of War, Persona 5, Spider-Man, Detroit, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Last of us, Nier, which are PlayStation titles I don't think are on Xbox. Tons of games that you can get on either so I rarely ever feel like I'm missing out.
good point, i knew some games were available on one console but not the other. i think those are all games i would prefer over halo or something like that

and actually you got me thinking my gf keeps mentioning the new spyro game and i looked it up now, seems to be a playstation thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Have you owned a playstation or an Xbox before?
weve both owned playstations before, i owned the original xbox which i never had issues with myself. ironically i didnt use my ps3 a whole lot for games mostly as my bluray player and to stream netflix but ive been kind of drooling over the recent god of war and spiderman

guess that settles it, thanks everyone!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #7
Augen
The Hulk

I would say the Spider-Man game stands beside Batman Arkham Asylum as my two favorite super hero games ever made. Any game I just like moving around is fun to me.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:20 PM   #8
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I prefer PlayStation, but it is ultimately subjective based on game tastes. If I were you I'd look at the libraries of each and figure out what games you like. There is about 80% overlap and then 20% that differentiates what you can have.

PlayStation all the way. Exclusives are much better.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
Y3E
Gen 13

PS4 all the way. I have both, always have, but rarely use Xbox. The only thing I play with the Xbox is Forza and Gears of War. I like the feel of the dualshock controller too. It fits nicely in my hands.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #10
Mister H
Green Goblin

I don't play many video games and the ones I like are all on XBOX. I have big hands and the XBOX controller is better for that.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote