Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #1421
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I haven't seen either in person, but from what I've seen in pictures and video it looks like SS outclassed XM in paint on this one. If we get another 10% off in stock I might scoop this.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:51 AM   #1422
SONICobra
Bane

The paints on this are sharp, having the XM in hand i can confirm the paint on the portraits are better in person but still pretty bland and the lips are too dark. That said i prefer the base on the XM but really it was the pose on the SS i just couldnt get on board with. Like i said in the xm thread though - its nice theres a victor creed for everyone
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 01:55 AM   #1423
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
The paints on this are sharp, having the XM in hand i can confirm the paint on the portraits are better in person but still pretty bland and the lips are too dark. That said i prefer the base on the XM but really it was the pose on the SS i just couldnt get on board with. Like i said in the xm thread though - its nice theres a victor creed for everyone
Indeed.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #1424
The World
Justice League

The comparison video really showed how good SS's Sabretooth piece is. Leaps and bounds ahead.

The other one looked far too much like a toy.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:04 PM   #1425
AC_808
Hercules

Agreed. The SSC Sabertooth is miles better. The sculpt and proportions are excellent. The musculature is not extreme ...and looks good actually.

I don't see the pose as a defensive pose. More like he's winding up for an attack. The SSC pose is exceptional for Sabertooth. He's more upright and still looks dynamic.

The XM pose is more crouching and hides the musculature on his front. It's dynamic but hides more than I'd like. And the XM paint lacks depth, IMO.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:04 PM   #1426
AC_808
Hercules

I have to agree, tho. The XM one still looks good ....so its good to have different options to choose from.

PS: might as well repurpose a dup post.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:22 AM   #1427
Divo
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Agreed. The SSC Sabertooth is miles better. The sculpt and proportions are excellent. The musculature is not extreme ...and looks good actually.

I don't see the pose as a defensive pose. More like he's winding up for an attack. The SSC pose is exceptional for Sabertooth. He's more upright and still looks dynamic.

The XM pose is more crouching and hides the musculature on his front. It's dynamic but hides more than I'd like. And the XM paint lacks depth, IMO.

I agree on EVERYTHING. This sculpt is perfect in every way, & from every angle. The pose, anatomy, movement, & presence are all brilliant, stuff I've been waiting on to be offered for years. Now that it's here, I'm fcking both stoked and horrified!

Stoked, well, because we are finally getting truly hyper detailed beautiful sculpts, which SS is consistantly capturing the essence of these characters with great portraits, great lines/movement, at relatively reasonable pricing.

Horrified, because some truly great SS offerings have been mercilessly/senselessly crucified, even after countless pics, vids, testimonials. Failing to recognize how Sideshow, of late, has really raised the bar, and should be applauded for going beyond the generic/deadhead look, as SS sculpts always seem to have a "heartbeat/soul". People should take more time to look, listen, & learn.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #1428
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:49 PM   #1429
solidgadium
Blue Falcon

I’m trying to pick one up via eBay but it’s been rather difficult. I just won an EX today for $632+shipping and the seller canceled my order less than a minute after I won. He/She claimed the statue had a little break and forgot to remove the listing. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs PM me.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:49 PM   #1430
solidgadium
Blue Falcon

I’m trying to pick one up via eBay but it’s been rather difficult. I just won an EX today for $632+shipping and the seller canceled my order less than a minute after I won. He/She claimed the statue had a little break and forgot to remove the listing. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs PM me.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote