Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 09-25-2023, 04:13 PM   #11
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Update...

He's starting to show more and more life. The fold in the shirt, the details in the firearms it's the small little details that gets me every time with my guy. I don't think he misses anything when it come to bringing out all the details of a drawing.

IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 06:25 PM   #12
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Coloring Phase Update...

There is still a ways to go on the pants, but as you can see they are starting to take shape. Looks like Punisher is rounding in to form. Also, wanted to have the grenades just a shade darker than previous pic above. I'm just amazed at how he can add such detail that it looks like the grenades are three dimensional and jumping off the page.

Old 09-28-2023, 06:32 PM   #13
qz33
Doctor Doom

The pics won't load any larger than posted. Clicking the link it says Unlock Gallery and wants a password?
I've only been able to see the small pics on the forum.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 06:43 PM   #14
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The pics won't load any larger than posted. Clicking the link it says Unlock Gallery and wants a password?
I've only been able to see the small pics on the forum.
Okay, I changed the settings on the gallery. My apologies.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:38 AM   #15
IronLungs31

Wanted to have added a few more details to Fisk. Some tailor stitching to the lapels, a button to the vest and give him a cleft chin look.

Old...

New...
Old 10-07-2023, 02:18 AM   #16
IronLungs31

Update & Video...

The Punisher looks to be complete (I think). This time I was sent a small video of the painstaking effort it takes and small strokes (pause, LOL!) to color, and bring out all the fine details that gives this artwork/subject some depth. All the winkles folds, wear holes in the pants, all the way down to the boots and lacing.

Click to watch video...
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...ZtB7X-1280.mp4

Piece is starting to fill out and take shape to another epic piece. You get a scale size of this work when you take into account his hand size compared to the paper and all the work left to do...

Can't wait to see updates for the background brick work details that looks to me the next phase of this project.

Old 10-07-2023, 03:42 AM   #17
IronLungs31

I'm always on the lookout for input if you see something that looks odd or could be added. Never hesitate to post it here or shoot me a PM.
Old 10-16-2023, 12:06 AM   #18
IronLungs31

Update: Shadowing, Gun Smoke & Wall

This week I got the feeling that the process had slowed down, but there was a little progress that had been accomplished. The wall has more details, looks like the smoke from the gun and the shadowing silhouette has been added. A little easter egg. The smoke from Punisher gun is slightly shaped like his Punisher logo.

Old 10-16-2023, 01:29 AM   #19
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
This week I got the feeling that the process had slowed down, but there was a little progress that had been accomplished. The wall has more details, looks like the smoke from the gun and the shadowing silhouette has been added. A little easter egg. The smoke from Punisher gun is slightly shaped like his Punisher logo.

Just like the statue!

Whoever you've got doing this is an amazing colorists. Seen some great work from coloring books but I've never seen colored pencils look so real which I imagine to be very difficult.
Each pass looks more reals and with the shadows and everything this last one the Punisher looks like he's stepping right out of the art into real life like those art come to life scenes they do in some movies.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 06:03 PM   #20
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Just like the statue!

Whoever you've got doing this is an amazing colorists. Seen some great work from coloring books but I've never seen colored pencils look so real which I imagine to be very difficult.
Each pass looks more reals and with the shadows and everything this last one the Punisher looks like he's stepping right out of the art into real life like those art come to life scenes they do in some movies.
I'm amazed every time that I get an update from him. With every stroke of the color pencils he brings this piece more to live than the previous update post. The same guy that does the drawing is the same who doing the coloring.