Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-26-2016, 04:17 AM   #101
ambasah
Red Skull

I am of the same mind. Like deathstroke, I will have no need for another 2-face in my collection. I will be be slowly replacing all of my existing 1/4 scale stuff with these larger versions.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:52 AM   #102
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I am of the same mind. Like deathstroke, I will have no need for another 2-face in my collection. I will be be slowly replacing all of my existing 1/4 scale stuff with these larger versions.
I have a feeling once I see some of the Prime 1 statues in person that I'll be doing the same thing. I love many of the SS pieces, but these just look over the top.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #103
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Not a fan of Two-Face so I skipped this one.

Waiting on Nightwing/Batgirl and where the hell is the Arkham Joker?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:21 AM   #104
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Not a fan of Two-Face so I skipped this one.

I hear ya on that one. If it wasn't for Prime 1 getting all crazy in regard to the sheer amount of content they are producing now, I would have ordered this wthout hesitation. I like Two-Face, but there are a lot of characters I like more and given the pace at which these are coming now....well, it was a tough pass, but its one I will likely be thankful that I made.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #105
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Prime 1 is wise not to show Joker yet as there are several Jokers being released right now: Heath Ledger Joker premium format, Heath Ledger 1/2 scale Joker, Arkham Asylum Joker, and the 1/6 Joker are among the new or about-to-be-released.

We all know they will eventually do a Joker, so I actually prefer them to do the other rogues first.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #106
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Prime 1 is wise not to show Joker yet as there are several Jokers being released right now: Heath Ledger Joker premium format, Heath Ledger 1/2 scale Joker, Arkham Asylum Joker, and the 1/6 Joker are among the new or about-to-be-released.

We all know they will eventually do a Joker, so I actually prefer them to do the other rogues first.
I agree. Same thing with Catwoman. They'll do well being first to market with characters like Two-Face, Scarecrow, Freeze, Croc, etc...
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #107
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post

Agreed. Joker's inevitable. They already teased the AO/Bermejo version a while back. Also with the recent news that they may be doing some AA/AC pieces, that version's probably in the plans too.

While I love him, I'm glad they're pushing the other rogues right now. Some of these guys haven't had premium collectibles yet while the Joker character has had a few now (and I'm sure many more to come).
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:13 PM   #108
Bad Horse
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I agree that it makes sense for them to wait to release Joker because Joker is guaranteed to sell. I'd wager that even after purchasing multiple statutes in the line and being fairly tapped out, most of us would still be game for buying Joker. On the other hand, I can see people passing on other villains once funds become a little more tight. The following line comes to mind: "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in." That said, I really really want Joker released sooner rather than later and have decided to wait on a few purchases because he is my only remaining "must have."
Bad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #109
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Those are the two I am 99% sure I'm skipping because I'm not into the poses... I could see myself having a hard time passing on Batgirl, but I am pretty sure I'm about out of room.

I'd definitely be in for Joker and Catwoman, with Scarecrow and Penguin a possibility. I've currently got Batman on the way with Harley and Two-Face on order. Robin is wait-listed.

I think I'd have to get rid of almost all of my 1/4 scale statues to have room and justify spending that $$$ if I got past 5-6 of these.

Two-Face was the easiest decision for me given that I have been waiting for a Two-Face for a long time. The Tweeterhead classic one looked decent (and I actually prefer the "green" half of the phase to the "purple"), but there's something about those classic maquettes that have kept me from pulling the trigger.

This Arkham Two-Face is also one of the Arkham designs that is kinda close to most other interpretations. I think the only real difference betwen it and a "comic" version is the arm being burned, too (although, I think the animated series version showed a burned hand). It seems like it would be a good choice even if one wasn't a fan of the Arkham games.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #110
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I considered this, then I saw the price, whew, it seems that everything new is getting closer and closer to 1K, I know it is 31 inches, but still, it costs more than the T rex wall bust !
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote