Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #451
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Curosry glance -- I looked at those photos constantly. It's more white than silver as you can see by the silver insets looking fabulous. And the suit is more off-white/pearl than the stark white that TAS always had. But it's still NOT comic book silver

Though I still stick to my guns that I wish her hair was a brighter white and never looked gray from any angle.

No matter what, we all know I will get her somehow. Damn this Ororo obsession.
It's funny, I didn't notice the 'grey' hair at all in person. I remember it looking white with grey highlights, but then looking at photos it definitely looks grey. As soon as I saw Storm I thought "Wow this looks great, but Demona won't be happy!". Her costume is definitely a pearlescent white, that has very slight tones of silver in there. But it is white. The grey areas on the chest and shoulders break it up a lot though. Honestly I thought she looked fantastic. Her portrait was soooo good! Even though she doesn't look exactly how you wanted her I really hope you'll be happy with her D. She's a beautiful piece. I'm uploading my video of her now, which should be done in about 30 minutes.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:35 AM   #452
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh I agree it's a BEAUTIFUL statue. I love the pose, the art direction, her portrait (still not sure about the "laughing" one). The only concerns I still have is how her skin tone and hair look with the naked eye, but everybody seems to say the same -- she looks great in person and photographs differently

Can't wait to see your video!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #453
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I've completely changed my mind on her. The first batch of pics I saw looked horrible (reddish skin, gray hair and yellow tinted costume).

Luckily, those were just awful lighting. I've now seen enough pics/videos to know her true colors. I will be getting her. One of the biggest aspects I love is how her body sculpt and pose looks absolutely fabulous from all angles. There are umpteen display possibilities.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #454
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Oh I agree it's a BEAUTIFUL statue. I love the pose, the art direction, her portrait (still not sure about the "laughing" one).
Yeah, I'm not sure I like the laughing portrait either. It seems so uncharacteristic for her and it reminds me of Greg Land's art with his trademark "O-face" that he likes to draw for his ladies. I think maybe be that's why I haven't really taken a liking to it.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #455
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Here's the video of Storm. I have another one with the laughing portrait that will go up later as well. This isn't one of my better videos, but I hope it gives you an idea of how nice she looks in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzS2TwRfDmo
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #456
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Great video Sisko! She does looks great. The paint apps are again spot on.

This might sound silly, but one of the little things I love about this piece is her hands. They are both positioned beautifully. Very graceful and classic Storm.

Why does everybody gotta love this statue?! It's going to make it harder for me to get order! Cali, save me one!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #457
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Great video Sisko! She does looks great. The paint apps are again spot on.

This might sound silly, but one of the little things I love about this piece is her hands. They are both positioned beautifully. Very graceful and classic Storm.

Why does everybody gotta love this statue?! It's going to make it harder for me to get order! Cali, save me one!
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #458
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I've completely changed my mind on her. The first batch of pics I saw looked horrible (reddish skin, gray hair and yellow tinted costume).

Luckily, those were just awful lighting. I've now seen enough pics/videos to know her true colors. I will be getting her. One of the biggest aspects I love is how her body sculpt and pose looks absolutely fabulous from all angles. There are umpteen display possibilities.
It's incredible. This is a Fantastic take on Storm- my only preference would be, though it would not match, adding an Adams inspired sculpt.
You nailed it with about the display options. That's a very nice quality to have in a statue and I wish more of mine weren't "one trick ponies".
It's like the Seinfeld episode where Jerrys date looks sexy/scary in different lighting. In our case angles.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #459
nearmint
Phoenix

This is the perfect piece to display on a motorized lazy susan. Not just because she looks great from all angles, but also because she's rising out of a tornado, which already suggests movement.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #460
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Curosry glance -- I looked at those photos constantly. It's more white than silver as you can see by the silver insets looking fabulous. And the suit is more off-white/pearl than the stark white that TAS always had. But it's still NOT comic book silver

Though I still stick to my guns that I wish her hair was a brighter white and never looked gray from any angle.

No matter what, we all know I will get her somehow. Damn this Ororo obsession.
Well, I don't think you are crazy for wanting what you want...but sometimes we don't always get what we want. I am in a similar situation with Optimus Prime like you are with Storm. I wanted that little opening in Optimus's abdomen area to be closed...but alas that is the finished design and even though it still isn't how I would have it 100%...it is a spectacular statue nonetheless. The little difference I have does absolutely 0% to diminish how awesome a design I think it is.

Saying all this to say to you...I feel you and your 100% idea for Storm...but compromises had to be made to appeal to everyone. It at least isn't all white and does have silver accents...so it's not a complete disappointment from the stark silver you probably were looking forward to.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote