Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #31
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I guess (hope) they will do a second, separate vader down the road then?

I cannot for the life of me think this is what xm wanted...I would speculate that Disney forced the issue...which is a shame considering other companies who have a "relationship" with you know who are not facing the same hurdles.
Please don't take what I am saying as a sleight towards you. I am just piggybacking off this comment.

I don't think this is true by any means. XM does not do trends like SS or Prime 1...they, like Tsume, are striving to do new and exciting things, or different concepts within the statue collectible world.

Do you remember The Punisher concept that came out over a year ago? Do you remember the comments many made about why would XM make a Punisher on motorcycle. It doesn't make any sense...yadda yadda yadda. I said way back then it was going to be a phenomenal statue and it was something new, a breath of fresh air for an overdone, overcliched standing pose with Punisher pointing guns.

This DV definitely seems to fit XM MO. Step outside the box and do something different. Do something more than what other companies before have done. I think this DV does that in spades. NOW, obviously, it isn't for everyone, and most just want a standalone Vader, which I am sure will come in time, but I give XM credit for stepping outside the old tired box of same or similar poses / concepts as others. And even though XM does have a couple museum posed characters (Captain America) and the occasional Captain Morgan pose (Cable, Thanos), they more often than not have a wide array of poses at for their statues (Phoenix, Black Bolt, Punisher, Magneto, Lizard, Black Panther).

I think many will have an appreciation for the Predator that will be on display in the next day at the show. A pose unique, dynamic, something completely different from SS museum poses (not saying that is bad...just different).

XM doesn't do ordinary (most of the times)...THANK GOD! If they did, I would probably be out of this hobby saving thousands of dollars. Woe is me since XM came along....
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #32
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This is a bold statement, Cotton. Let's see how it turns out for him.
Pretty well. I'm still standing
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #33
qz33
Doctor Doom

Well if the drawing concept and previous image are accurate then there already are 2 different XM Vader statues.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:43 PM   #34
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I think many will have an appreciation for the Predator that will be on display in the next day at the show. A pose unique, dynamic, something completely different from SS museum poses (not saying that is bad...just different).
Sideshow have done some fairly dynamic Predator poses to be fair. Their Wolf LSF for example couldn't really be more dynamic. The original SWS P1 is fairly dynamic and arguably still the best Predator statue ever made. Their Berserker maquette had him running at speed, it split opinion but I loved it. In fact, I can't think of many museum pose Predators made by them, and I own a lot of their Predator stuff. The recent P2 maquette maybe. Their issue with the Predator license has been screen accuracy, they often have a great foundation that is let down by the details. Good to know you like the XM effort however, I look forward to seeing it.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #35
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Well if the drawing concept and previous image are accurate then there already are 2 different XM Vader statues.
Not if it has switch-out arms, which, knowing XM, will probably be the case.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #36
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Isn't that drawing concept well over a year old? There's a good chance they changed it, especially since that concept looks very similar to Sideshow's Vader. Or like Shoo said, it could just have switch out arms.
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:03 PM   #37
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Or like someone else said, it could just have switch out arms.
Lol, it feels weird to be referred to as "someone else" when my post is just above yours.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #38
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Lol, it feels weird to be referred to as "someone else" when my post is just above yours.
Ha ha, sorry! I'm home sick today and my brain is in a fog. I fixed it.
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:23 PM   #39
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Ha ha, sorry! I'm home sick today and my brain is in a fog. I fixed it.
Lol. No need to, but thanks. And get well soon!
Old 04-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #40
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Sideshow have done some fairly dynamic Predator poses to be fair. Their Wolf LSF for example couldn't really be more dynamic. The original SWS P1 is fairly dynamic and arguably still the best Predator statue ever made. Their Berserker maquette had him running at speed, it split opinion but I loved it. In fact, I can't think of many museum pose Predators made by them, and I own a lot of their Predator stuff. The recent P2 maquette maybe. Their issue with the Predator license has been screen accuracy, they often have a great foundation that is let down by the details. Good to know you like the XM effort however, I look forward to seeing it.
Wolf I agree very dynamic and one of SS best to date. But Predator 2, Jungle Hunter are pretty simple. The first Predator was very, very good as well and definitely had more movement and excitement to it. It's just been so darn long ago I tend to forget about it.

I actually liked the 3 1/5 Predators done by SS a few years ago, Tracker being my favorite, but I am referring to 1/4 scale.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote