Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #141
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
A GALACTUS MAQUETTE by Sideshow costs $799. So... for me the DD is also a hugh and big statue just in other directions. So the price is okay. Also you can not split it into horse and rider ($400+$400). For me its the statue that counts and the whole piece is AWESOME and worse it. My 50 Cent to this topic. Just a nice statue.
Totally agree. If you see this in person the price is a bargain. I was surprised when the price showed up on the website so I ordered in case it was a mistake.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #142
Rokdweller
Birdman

I think the piece is priced right. Ordered... must-have item and will be my first ARH statue.
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #143
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
This piece looks pretty cool at first glance, but I see a small problem that could potentially prevent me from ordering it. The horse is slightly too small, more specifically, its length is not long enough. It looks like it's a young horse and not a mature mare. If you look at Frazetta's painting, the horse is larger and longer. Is it possible at this point for a manufacturer to make the horse just a little bit longer and taller considering they haven't produced the piece yet? If ARH can do this, I'm in for a few. That's how much I love the Death Dealer.
As for the price, it seems a bit expensive considering a typical PF goes for $400. So it looks like you're paying another $400 for the horse. I hope the statue isn't egg shell hollow like Sideshow's pieces now a days.

This is a good eye RE size of rider to horse, but here is the thing, that is exactly how it is in the painting too. so I am very happy with it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #144
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
This is a good eye RE size of rider to horse, but here is the thing, that is exactly how it is in the painting too. so I am very happy with it.
it looks exactly like the painting.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #145
qz33
Doctor Doom

Can't believe I just came in here today and missed it all.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #146
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Just to address any concerns about the proportions of the horse - if anything, I actually made the horse larger compared to the painting. What you are looking at below is a zbrush overlay of my sculpt on top of the painting. When I felt comfortable with with rough in zbrush, I printed it (on my printer) and then made waste molds to recast in wax. This also gives me the ability to check my measurements in exact scale to the painting. I actually slightly cheated the length of legs as the hooves are partly buried in the base. I think if there appear to be issues with proportions it is almost entirely due to the effect of lens distortion with my camera. Its extremely difficult to photograph this sculpt at this size. If I wanted to, I could zoom in on the horse and make the rider look like a midget. lol But at this point the Frazetta family has approved the rough sculpt of the horse. The helmet is another matter. lol
Horse looks huge in 2D and yet with Ehrin matching the specs conversion into 3D it does somehow look a tad smaller in 3D...so I see where immortal blade is coming from, Chris G caught it early on also...so I do think its a camera or lens issue...still freakin loving it.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #147
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Can't believe I just came in here today and missed it all.
I think we just missed the NY Comic con edition, I am thinking the regular will go up for preorder soon (I hope). I was on vacation and missed it too
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #148
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I think we just missed the NY Comic con edition, I am thinking the regular will go up for preorder soon (I hope). I was on vacation and missed it too
It will be back on sale in a few months. This was just the NYCC edition which came with a print signed by Frazetta Jr.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #149
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
It will be back on sale in a few months. This was just the NYCC edition which came with a print signed by Frazetta Jr.
Yup...nothing special...unless it's a high quality print, which I doubt it will be.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #150
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Yup...nothing special...unless it's a high quality print, which I doubt it will be.
Keep in mind you can pick up lithographs of the DD1 piece for 100 bucks on eBay. I owned one of the numbered lithos for years, the ones that run about 1k, and sold it. Then this guy shows up on eBay with a supply of printer's proofs, same size and quality. The story, well, it seems somewhat sketchy but the print quality in insane. If you have never seen the litho in person it is beautiful and no 20 dollar poster will compare. Supposedly these are extras from the printer (Paradox I think) that were stored in warehouse until the Frazettas passed away.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote