Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #631
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I got a $50 code in the mail too, and while I do very much appreciate Sideshow for sending these and I am truly grateful, it is rather annoying that they basically expire after a week or two.

At least give people 6 months to use the reward - 1-2 weeks is just silly.
They want you to buy something before SDCC, that's why it expires June 30th. then when the new release are announced at SDCC they get another wave of POs.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:16 PM   #632
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
They want you to buy something before SDCC, that's why it expires June 30th. then when the new release are announced at SDCC they get another wave of POs.
Well, their plan failed then, because I'm not buying anything before SDCC.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:10 PM   #633
Catman
Fantastic Four

Yeah, I got one too (discount card), finally broke down and used it for the SS Carnage PF. I know prime1 may release a Carnage soon, but if they do, the actual release date wont be for another year or longer, and the collection demands it ASAP (this hobby makes you crazy, no?).
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #634
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
Yeah, I got one too (discount card), finally broke down and used it for the SS Carnage PF. I know prime1 may release a Carnage soon, but if they do, the actual release date wont be for another year or longer, and the collection demands it ASAP (this hobby makes you crazy, no?).
I cant get behind Sideshow's odd posture and lazy exclusive.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:39 AM   #635
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
if Prime shows a bad ass Carnage at SDCC, I will go for that one. If not, SS all the way for me. Don't care for the XM version or the old com
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #636
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
if Prime shows a bad ass Carnage at SDCC, I will go for that one. If not, SS all the way for me. Don't care for the XM version or the old com
Agreed. I hate the portraits on the XM piece, and his skin looks like melted candle wax.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #637
Catman
Fantastic Four

The old com is fine, but rare and pricey. The XM piece is hokey looking; the tongue makes it look like he's throwing up a skein of yarn, and its basically a 1300 dollar statue if you're in the US. I actually really like the Sideshow version, but was jussst on the fence since it was released, and the $50 off finally tipped me. I think it will look good with the Prime1 Venom, tho the scale makes it hard to display together because of Venom's high base.I don't really care for the "lazy" EX ax-hand either, but I prefer his normal "claw" anyway.

Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:04 PM   #638
Vendetta
The X-Men

I'm trying to be extra picky about the Prime 1 pieces I pick up because of space and cost considerations, and this is the third statue to make the cut for me (others being Geralt and Guts).

I'm hoping for killer Spider-Man and Carnage pieces from Prime 1 to go with this Venom too; I'm also not a fan of the SS or XM Carnage, and if I'm getting a Prime 1 Venom and possibly Carnage, I might as well wait for their Spider-Man too vs. picking up the (very nice) SS Spidey PF.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #639
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Im in the same boat. I have this on PO but i need a carnage to complete the 3 piece display. The XM carnage isnt impressive enough for the cost I would have to pay, the com carnage is cool, but i think the SS one is in the lead for me at the moment. Waiting for a P1 reveal because the SS carnage will be available for quite a while and Im not a fan of the ax hand, I prefer the claw.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:23 AM   #640
Black_Sunrise
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Hope they reveal good stuff at the Jul Wonderfest...
Black_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote