Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-21-2015, 09:50 AM   #1031
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Exactly man, i am very disappointed by this outcome, because i really want to get this piece or future P1 releases. i remember awhile ago things weren't so difficult for us living abroad, for instance i had purchased the HCG TDK Batman bust from a European store, it was pretty expensive even back then.

The retail price was 800 USD, and i remember paying around 700-800 Euros which totals 800-900 USD to get hold of it, it was pretty decent and the price fluctuated in reasonable amounts. The bust's size and price is very close to the P1 Batman unit. I rack my brain to figure out why now the cost has gone sky-high, 1400 usd for a European customer to get hold of this one, it's a rip-off.

Despite the economic crisis affecting the statue market, i believe this is an unfair treatment to the worldwide fan base, i am out if this isn't solved somehow
Not to derail the thread, but I see a pattern in what's happening.
First, you have the exchange rate going to hell. In a few months, US dollar passed from being 0.70-0.75 euros, to 0.89-0.90. There's no way to skirt off exchange rate, you have to swallow the increase, and 20% on these expensive items is no joke on itself.
Then, I think that companies are trying to push direct sales as much as they can by lowering the % of wholesale discount.
If it was just an exchange rate thing, you wouldn't see 480$ PFs being sold at 550€. Some companies (like Chronicle and PCS) clearly stated multiple times that they really cared mostly for direct sales, Macaluso even hinted that in the future he might be selling only on his website directly, and I know that some time ago Sideshow already cut the % discount.
I don't think either the companies or the retailers are really to blame here, it's a mix of factors.
I have a friend retailer who pretty much explained to me and his logic sounds pretty solid - they get around 20% discount on what they buy. So, say, they buy a 500€ statue at 400€ and pay a deposit. Most customers can't afford to pay in full immediatly so every retailer takes deposits of 50-100€.
This means that the real profit comes only when the remaining balance is paid, nearly two years later - around 100€ profit, from which you have to take off taxes (fiscal pressure is just too high here) and split it with the rest of the staff and to cover the usual expenses (mantaining the shop, website, and so on).
If you look it that way, nobody's really winning here.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #1032
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
And that's what scares me the most. I mean wtf is going on here, right? Who knows what's gonna happen in 10 years from now.
Excellent post btw!
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:22 AM   #1033
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Seems to be the way things are headed.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:11 PM   #1034
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Aaaand - waitlist converted, much sooner than I expected, but won't complain at all. Just noticed that the expected ship date is within first half of 2016, that would be great.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:11 AM   #1035
firefly76
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Jumped on the waitlist for the exclusive on August 19th and it just converted a few minutes ago. That was really fast.
firefly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #1036
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Yeah, no way I'm passing on Selina if she turns out well. I have no doubt they could nail that look. Will be interesting because I don't think I've seen anything from Prime 1 with an unmasked human portrait so far.
I sure hope it looks better than the ss lsf catwoman. That one was so bad looking imo. I have faith in prime 1 what the heck jump on the WL now. Hope the new batman coming out the same time by prime 1 will make some drop thier PO to go for the newer batman.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:22 PM   #1037
Titusak
Frackin!

Quote:
Except the governements
Thanks you taxes and fees.
Titusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:34 PM   #1038
SKORPIO8
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batcompu View Post
Yeah I live in Europe too.
And the customs fee are insane.

for every PF they just add more than $100 fee.

These Prime1 statues cost even more so it's easy a $200 fee.

I would love to buy the AK statue also but can't because then incl shipping the cost for both statues would be around the 500$ just for taxes and shipping and that's something I can't afford.
I live in Europe too. If shipping costs will be around $200 This will easily cost me 1200-1300euro taxes and all . Does it worth it ....mmm don't know really and ill make up my mind when this will be ready to ship
SKORPIO8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #1039
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKORPIO8 View Post
I live in Europe too. If shipping costs will be around $200 This will easily cost me 1200-1300euro taxes and all . Does it worth it ....mmm don't know really and ill make up my mind when this will be ready to ship
I've done my math.
Doom LSF is 196$ shipped to Europe by Sideshow directly, Reaper LSF was around 100$, so I used a middle ground to make my estimation with 150$ shipping.
You end up paying roughly 1070€ with everything said and done, but you get the Ex and around 45$ in reward points. Compared to buying the regular at 1200+€, waiting for months for it to be imported and get no excusive piece, it's a no brainer.
It was yesterday that people considered perfectly fine (and still consider it fine) to spend 2000€ on Cinemquettes 1:3 scale, so the recent pricings by PCS and Prime1 1:3 scale do look absolutely affordable.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:37 AM   #1040
addic
The X-Men

Quote:
You end up paying roughly 1070€ with everything said and done
For us Germans it will be like:

899 USD + (about) 150 USD shipping + 19% taxes + 3,5% customs duty

Thats about 1285,- USD / 1149,- Euro.

So just not as much as buying the REG here in Europe but pretty expensive imo, though.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote