Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #521
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

ARH just does not know how to make things clear and communicate with the buyers. Stop coming to forums and jumbling all kinds of things together when you aren't even sure yourself. Makes you look bad, jsut wait until the official release and have eveything ironed out already.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #522
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Did anybody see the video?

Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/M59SPmBX_mo

That Minotaur piece is sculpted quite well .I am not liking Troy's head sculpts for Conan, I gues he did not want it looking like the one he did for the SS dio which is his best work yet, I am a big fan of his work but maybe they would have got a better head sculpt by going with someone else.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #523
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
It's obvious why they came up with this plan. They are trying to generate more sales through their website so that they can minimize payment to the third party distributor and maximize their profit. If it helps them grow I don't mind, their products has been improving and I would like them to be successful and continue making great statues.
But the "upgrade" pack(3) will also be available from Sideshow and third party companies so it does affect them.You will be able to buy both "packs" from other companies .Only difference will be the extra heads and weapons that you will get only from ARH
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #524
zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
ARH just does not know how to make things clear and communicate with the buyers. Stop coming to forums and jumbling all kinds of things together when you aren't even sure yourself. Makes you look bad, jsut wait until the official release and have eveything ironed out already.
They had Prices and everything but Sideshow wants this piece and now they are negotiating with them.In other words the price will be what Sideshow thinks it will be.Cause without them you can't better distribution of your product.Like Hot Toys is mostly through them now.Every company knows that you will sell a lot more product if you partner up with Sideshow.They have monopolised the distribution of collectibles.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #525
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Yeah, but now we are paying for shipping twice. And if "Pack 3" is expensive, I doubt people will buy it. I mean if Conan is about 550 dollars and "Pack 3" will cost about 450 dollars...I doubt a lot of people will pay for it. I, myself will have to think twice.
True, we will have to pay shipping for two boxes only if we want the entire dio.

They are accommodating the people who only want the Conan statue(which I think will be in the majority)and they will only pay shipping for one much smaller/manageable box that should have a reasonable shipping fee.

Now I would imagine that the people who are willing to shell out the money for this dio will be expecting to pay considerable shipping.

Think about it logistically, if the entire snake dio with Conan included was in one box that would create the same nightmare shipping issues they had with Medusa. The box would be like a washing machine and the shipping would be doubled. Hopefully the snake dio without the Conan figure included will make the box much more manageable and keep the cost down.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #526
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
But the "upgrade" pack(3) will also be available from Sideshow and third party companies so it does affect them.You will be able to buy both "packs" from other companies .Only difference will be the extra heads and weapons that you will get only from ARH
Exactly, they can't get away from the middle man completely but are hoping to get people to buy the small base from them and I'm sure that if you get the "upgrade" pack 3 from ARH you will probably get the low number in the order of your deposit just as they did with their AP program and the Medusa rattle sales.

Remember they have to give something up to SS and it was probably letting them have the same "upgrade" pack 3 and as far as we I know SS is the only distributor for them but correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #527
zeus

The numbers don't actually affect me.Pricing does,the more we can save on stuff like this the more we can buy.I personaly don't care if i have ed 1/500 or 499/500

I am planning to get the whole dio ,but if i do i'll go through sideshow.Lower shipping and cash back should be like 50$ in point wich i can use on other products( hence alexander the great in the future.)
Old 10-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #528
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
That Minotaur piece is sculpted quite well .I am not liking Troy's head sculpts for Conan, I gues he did not want it looking like the one he did for the SS dio which is his best work yet, I am a big fan of his work but maybe they would have got a better head sculpt by going with someone else.
It is and apologies. Shame on me for not taking pics of it but I was caught up with Conan and Ares. Here is the one pic I have.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #529
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
The numbers don't actually affect me.Pricing does,the more we can save on stuff like this the more we can buy.I personaly don't care if i have ed 1/500 or 499/500

I am planning to get the whole dio ,but if i do i'll go through sideshow. Lower shipping and cash back should be like 50$ in point wich i can use on other products( hence alexander the great in the future.)
NIIICE!! Well brother zeus it's sounding all good for you. Win Win, they get a sale and you get reward points for your next piece, so their plan worked in your case.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #530
zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
NIIICE!! Well brother zeus it's sounding all good for you. Win Win, they get a sale and you get reward points for your next piece, so their plan worked in your case.
But i made the decision that Queen of the dead will be chopped from my buying list.
I already have PO'ed SS Conan PF, Red Sonja PF, Quarantine's Conan on PO and will be getting ARH Conan Dio, Ares, and Minotaur.I have already passed my quota for 2014.I hope no one comes out with a cool Conan in the mean time i will be very upset.