Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-02-2018, 12:22 AM   #121
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
You think a Japanese title of a Japanese IP, being licensed by a Japanese statue company on an international forum is pretentious?
Not so much it being present but the absence of any reference to it's Fist of the NorthStar alternative in the title which is likely far more recognizable especially to this forum's majority of English language speakers.

There's a lot of people here that would recognize Fist of the NorthStar more than Hokuto No Ken.
Just seems to be thumbing the nose a bit to those that are more casually familiar with FOTNS than the hardcore.
Voltron is usually billed as Voltron here instead of BeastKingGoLion and Guyver's thread wasn't titled as Kyōshoku Sōkō Gaibā nor was Berserk's titled as Beruseruku.

That is all.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:27 AM   #122
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Not so much it being present but the absence of any reference to it's Fist of the NorthStar alternative in the title which is likely far more recognizable especially to this forum's majority of English language speakers.

There's a lot of people here that would recognize Fist of the NorthStar more than Hokuto No Ken.
Just seems to be thumbing the nose a bit to those that are more casually familiar with FOTNS than the hardcore.
Voltron is usually billed as Voltron here instead of BeastKingGoLion and Guyver's thread wasn't titled as Kyōshoku Sōkō Gaibā

That is all.
Excuse am Japanese Hokuto No Ken is real name not this Northstar non sense Wonderfest is Japanese convention and mostly majority is for Japanese.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #123
Chirlo
Fantastic Four

I expected much more, that has been my mistake. The face does not convince me and I wanted something more bloody and violent. Very disappointed
Chirlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #124
actionjackson83
Midnighter

They'll eventually do something bloody and violent I'm betting. Probably even a shirtless Kenshiro too! this is a good start and i'm going to do my part and support this line because I want to see them push more for other characters too. Hopefully they do some cool violent and bloody dioramas.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #125
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Excuse am Japanese Hokuto No Ken is real name not this Northstar non sense Wonderfest is Japanese convention and mostly majority is for Japanese.
BAM!!! He told you, brother qz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirlo View Post
I expected much more, that has been my mistake. The face does not convince me and I wanted something more bloody and violent. Very disappointed

TO THE FORUM, CHIRLO!!!
This act of nonviolence threw many of us for a loop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
They'll eventually do something bloody and violent I'm betting. Probably even a shirtless Kenshiro too! this is a good start and i'm going to do my part and support this line because I want to see them push more for other characters too. Hopefully they do some cool violent and bloody dioramas.
This violent version we are predicting could easily happen and I hope it does. I may hold off on my order of this first round in hopes that there will be blood. I would definitely drink that milkshake.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #126
BurningRage
Inhumans

I want them to support this line like they do with Berserk.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:52 AM   #127
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

To be honest, if this is $500-600 I am selling some statues just to own this. Quality Hokuto No ken Collectibles are rare in our niche little world.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #128
rcaido
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I doubt its going to be $500-600 range, its probably going to be the same amount as the Berserk line. Which $800-$1100. The base doesn't do it for me at all & wont justify the price for it. I want a Raoh no matter how crappy the base will be.

I might just stick with the Tsume. Hopefully they do a Kenshiro too. Contemplating getting the Rei one.

Toki would be god like.
rcaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #129
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Prime 1 is my favorite company but i am not liking what they are doing with Hokuto No Ken. I mean where is the violence ?? They should probably have made 1/5 scale dynamic dioramas of this licence. I really don't think that the almost museum pose thing that they excel at is going to serve them well for this license.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #130
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaido View Post
I doubt its going to be $500-600 range, its probably going to be the same amount as the Berserk line. Which $800-$1100. The base doesn't do it for me at all & wont justify the price for it. I want a Raoh no matter how crappy the base will be.

I might just stick with the Tsume. Hopefully they do a Kenshiro too. Contemplating getting the Rei one.

Toki would be god like.
You may not like the base but for us as japanese is extremely well thought and is base inside temple from the manga the two are japanese god. If you visit japan temple or even care you will understand. Why Kenshiro creator choose this theme base.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote