Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #511
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysith View Post
I am so confused .
So the XM Exclusive Set has an ES that’s 3 times higher than the regular ?
Thanos 350
Death. 150
Exclusive 999
Can it just be that they haven’t officially announced that ES of the Exclusive Set ?
The 350 and 150 still aren’t listed on the official website . They are listed as MTO.
The set sold out, so the ES is 999. The ES for the standalone versions were just announced today. I'm sure they'll update the site soon.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #512
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
The issue is that the Stand alone IMHO has turned into a pretty bad value. An XM piece over 1k without a switchout portrait!? There are 3! all they had to do is offer 1 of the remaining 2 to the standalone and it would have been all the difference.
Colossus (for example) is ~$950 USD + shipping and doesn't offer any switch-outs?

I didn't think it was bad value when I bought it TBH but to each their own. I assume, if you found it wasn't fair value, that you didn't purchase one (or you bought the EX instead).

Would I have loved another head sculpt or arm to go with the piece? I mean, sure? But obviously it didn't affect my wanting to buy it, I think this Thanos is absolutely amazing and I'm very excited to get it; with or without switchouts.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #513
Asgard
Deadman

I'm happy with standalone Lady Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I know this site, but there are so many delayed XM statues that I still can't believe they will be preferred. We will see
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #514
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Only time will tell if we really get to see it shipped by Q3.. There's a lot of doubt that it would happen based on their track record of delays.. but they did said they have recently expanded their factories and team so it may be a possibility...we'll see..

Surprisingly, they are also quite bold to announce such a huge list of statues to be shipped by end of this year. 28 statues in total!! That is crazy..
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #515
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Colossus (for example) is ~$950 USD + shipping and doesn't offer any switch-outs?

I didn't think it was bad value when I bought it TBH but to each their own. I assume, if you found it wasn't fair value, that you didn't purchase one (or you bought the EX instead).

Would I have loved another head sculpt or arm to go with the piece? I mean, sure? But obviously it didn't affect my wanting to buy it, I think this Thanos is absolutely amazing and I'm very excited to get it; with or without switchouts.
Totally fair point. I guess it just seems we are all getting just a little less for our money every year.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #516
built2shred
Phoenix

XM used the switch outs to push the sales of the two statues together which is probably far more profitable for XM vs single sales

Given the sales #'s they probably could have ditched the single versions...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:12 PM   #517
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Ya that ambitious big list is impressive, i was kinda shocked and wondering if they really will be able to pull it off. I'm really hoping its true and they will actually be able to produce stuff faster. Cause it means they can show off more releases !

I'm also kinda shocked that the ES was small on the stand alone versions. But from a business stand point it makes sense to do the single versions as they are already making them. Not everyone will want lady death, and i'm sure fair number will purchase death to go with SS Thanos on throne.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:31 PM   #518
Asgard
Deadman

I could have bought the set and sold Thanos. I would have sold Thanos pretty quickly.
But the effort is just too big for me because of the bone parts. But if I want them that would be my way
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:19 AM   #519
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Ang Seng

"The couple are in productionssss...." Ang Seng.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #520
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Totally fair point. I guess it just seems we are all getting just a little less for our money every year.
I understand your POV as well, especially if you were someone who really wanted the screaming portrait (for example) and DIDN'T want to buy Lady Death, which basically adds a LOT to the price (and space) for those Thanos-only fans. I think people really underestimate how much height (32 inches) and depth (29 inches) that you'll need to display them both in the way they're displayed by XM.

I get why XM wanted to offer the switch-outs as an exclusive but you are right that they could have done more than having zero switch outs for the stand-alone, at least in Thano's case. That decision would have had to be made at the start when he debuted and maybe they could have added the bald head as a compromise I honestly wonder if they wanted to control the ES a little, so they didn't have another 999 statues to piss off everyone who bought the EX. That said, I was going to display him exactly as he is with the stand-alone, which is probably why it doesn't really bother me. I don't have a lot of stuff on PO, mostly because I'm new to this so I'm really fussy about what I buy but he's one of them, as I think he's going to turn out exceptional and can't wait to see him! Still... That doesn't mean I can't understand why someone else would be frustrated with XMs decision, but the ship's sailed... no turning back now.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote