Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 06-23-2020, 10:04 PM   #341
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I agree with Indy1955. I understand making "best sellers" to support the line. But you can only make but so much of Quinn and Bats. Make some other characters with a lesser run. Bowen used to do that quite well. I have 1 Harley and 1 Bats, I don't need more. There are STILL quite a few that should be made. IMO
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:42 PM   #342
JAG2045
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My Batman Beyond Unmasked bust arrived today meaning I finally have all the DST Batman Beyond busts! (Perfect timing as I finished my watch through of the entire Batman Beyond series blu ray this week as well)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0199.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	131263   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	131264   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	131265   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0203.jpg
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	131266  
JAG2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #343
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
I agree with Indy1955. I understand making "best sellers" to support the line. But you can only make but so much of Quinn and Bats. Make some other characters with a lesser run. Bowen used to do that quite well. I have 1 Harley and 1 Bats, I don't need more. There are STILL quite a few that should be made. IMO
We make Batman so new customers and retailers will have one to go with the re-offered villains, assuming they missed out on Batman the first time. Plus, some people ONLY want a Batman. Same goes for Harley.

And we make lesser runs all the time. That's why we're making more of certain villains, because we lessened the run in the first place. Once it lessens below a certain point, we can't make it.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:21 AM   #344
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
My Batman Beyond Unmasked bust arrived today meaning I finally have all the DST Batman Beyond busts! (Perfect timing as I finished my watch through of the entire Batman Beyond series blu ray this week as well)
Nice! And with Michael Keaton in the DCEU maybe something can happen with a live-action Batman Beyond.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:56 AM   #345
Indy1955
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
JAG2045, Nice set. Glad to see you have them all. I’m in the middle of the first season, on Blu-ray, rewatching them again.
Indy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:35 PM   #346
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Went out hunting today and hit up a local shop I don’t go to often . Very pleased with my find . A SDCC is ex BTAS Batman still sealed in box . Cost was $80.00 Canadian . Very pleased finding this one :

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:59 PM   #347
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’ve read a few of the posts on reissuing the rarer busts and I totally disagree on that . I’ve enjoyed looking for these and I’m proof they are out there in shops collecting dust for retail . Every piece I bought was for cost. Everything.

Those that had to pay to fill holes I’m sure wouldn’t want to lose money by reissue of statues so I’d rather see new characters than reissues of Freeze, Man Bat etc etc. Heck I still need three and I won’t stop until I have them eventually they will turn up .

This SDCC exclusive was found in a tiny shop in downtown Hamilton, Ontario. Last place on earth I’d expect con ex sealed to be sitting so ..... enjoy the hunt collectors . I do .

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #348
JAG2045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom-El View Post
Nice! And with Michael Keaton in the DCEU maybe something can happen with a live-action Batman Beyond.
Thanks alot and agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1955 View Post
JAG2045, Nice set. Glad to see you have them all. I’m in the middle of the first season, on Blu-ray, rewatching them again.
Thanks! Batman Beyond is really great, I recently rewatched the whole show on blu ray and it really holds up, I've now started watching the Zeta Project spin off, its more kid friendly but still enjoyable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Went out hunting today and hit up a local shop I don’t go to often . Very pleased with my find . A SDCC is ex BTAS Batman still sealed in box . Cost was $80.00 Canadian . Very pleased finding this one :
Oh wow congrats on finding him! Hes one on my to get list if I ever see him for a decent price! I wish I could find these busts in any of my local stores!
Old 06-28-2020, 06:06 PM   #349
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
We make Batman so new customers and retailers will have one to go with the re-offered villains, assuming they missed out on Batman the first time. Plus, some people ONLY want a Batman. Same goes for Harley.

And we make lesser runs all the time. That's why we're making more of certain villains, because we lessened the run in the first place. Once it lessens below a certain point, we can't make it.
Hmm...so how about a Batman for the JLU line? Does that qualify for Bats? Or does just TAS count? If you make this Bats, at least the JLU original 7 would be a little closer to be completed. Then you need Supes, lol. Honestly, do you think characters like Alfred or Commissioner Gordon getting done? With the Mad Hatter done, I would imagine a few villains are left. There are so many characters that needs to get done from all the other lines. Imagine a Bizzaro?!
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:06 AM   #350
JAG2045

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
Hmm...so how about a Batman for the JLU line? Does that qualify for Bats? Or does just TAS count? If you make this Bats, at least the JLU original 7 would be a little closer to be completed. Then you need Supes, lol. Honestly, do you think characters like Alfred or Commissioner Gordon getting done? With the Mad Hatter done, I would imagine a few villains are left. There are so many characters that needs to get done from all the other lines. Imagine a Bizzaro?!
If the Batman bust has to be from BTAS only an unmasked one (or with swappable heads like the 25th Harley Quinn) could be cool

Otherwise Batman in his first costume as shown in "Robin's Reckoning" would be an interesting animated bust

(it even got a toy release in the original kenner toyline as Retro Batman