Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-24-2020, 02:16 PM   #261
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixth View Post
IMHO XM started really strong with great pricing on the Flash, WW, Superman and Aquaman, but the GL, Lobo, Darkseid became too expensive (granted they are more elaborate / bigger) and I felt a little betrayed. Batman and Harley too wavered in their pricing.

I really hope XM continues with the initial pricing range (SGD 599) and maintains uniformity for the rest of the line-up (Red Hood, Bizarro) to enable collectors to continue with the line.

Anyone knows what is the price range of the Shazam and Black Adam?
That's true, no question. I was all set to buy Green Lantern but at $700 it's just too much.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #262
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
That's true, no question. I was all set to buy Green Lantern but at $700 it's just too much.
Technically it was $581 but shipping unfortunately pushes it into the $700 range
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:33 PM   #263
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

What an amazing piece! Aquaman looks great, but the Sea Horse just takes it to another level.

Shout out to Spec Fic for great service!

MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:49 PM   #264
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
What an amazing piece! Aquaman looks great, but the Sea Horse just takes it to another level.

Shout out to Spec Fic for great service!

Old 08-05-2020, 01:15 PM   #265
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Got Mine! Fantastic piece!
Having issues however. As indicated by previous posts, with the stirrups. The left one is so tight that it lifts him slightly off the mounts and the right one is so loose that I can't get it to stay on his foot.

Suggestions?
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #266
pdenham
Teen Titans

Are you really going to see the left one most of the time? I'd just leave that one off, unless you are displaying this as a centerpiece with an unobstructed 360 degree view.

The right one, that we can see in the photos above, is the more critical one to me- assuming your displaying it so that the front and right side are predominantly visible.

If that is the loose one, maybe use some museum putty on the top of the foot to keep it on?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:49 PM   #267
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando2 View Post
Got Mine! Fantastic piece!
Having issues however. As indicated by previous posts, with the stirrups. The left one is so tight that it lifts him slightly off the mounts and the right one is so loose that I can't get it to stay on his foot.

Suggestions?
built2shred has some good instructions for the stirrups. really helped me out getting mine together.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=229

and

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=238
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #268
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Are you really going to see the left one most of the time? I'd just leave that one off, unless you are displaying this as a centerpiece with an unobstructed 360 degree view.

The right one, that we can see in the photos above, is the more critical one to me- assuming your displaying it so that the front and right side are predominantly visible.

If that is the loose one, maybe use some museum putty on the top of the foot to keep it on?
My display has a mirror backing therefore yes, it would be visible in the reflection. It frustrated me enough that I boxed it up again with the thought being to address it another day before I accidently break something. As for the one that won't stay in place, the thought did occur to me (after re-boxing it) that I could try giving the chain a couple of twists that would shorten it up slightly.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #269
built2shred
Phoenix

Make sure you're putting the stirrups on the right direction, you might have to flip it around to get the snug fit on his foot, plus if you have the stirrup on backwards on the other foot it could be lifting the statue up enough to make the stirrup on the other side loose.

Just be extremely gentle with the stirrups because they do seem rather fragile..
Old 08-05-2020, 03:03 PM   #270
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
This is an awesome statue.... I did have a few issues though..

1) The fish had hard time going into their slot on the base, I wiggled it back and forth and got it to go but I ended up making a small chip next to the insert point, luckily you can't see it because it's behind the fish.
2) One of the prongs on the Trident were bent out of place but I just used the hair dryer trick to line it back up with the other prongs, looks perfect now...
3) The Stirrups were rather tricky to put on, you have to lift him up in the seat a bit to get them to slide on, it's an extremely tight fit so be very careful. XM should have added another link in the chain...

Overall I'm very happy with this statue....

It appears you missed attaching the single horn (or whatever you want to call it) at the top of the seahorse's head.