Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-08-2020, 05:00 PM   #301
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Dude how many accounts do you have on here?

I mean if you want to remain anonymous don't post in threads about getting stuff shipped or what you have that correlates exactly with what you post on Youtube lol....i mean how dumb are you?
Just a quick scan of here and *that guy*'s YT....

Lol is all I can say.

CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #302
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
The thing is the light in EG *isn't real*. There is no accurate skin tone. You can't replicate it. Let's say you take the young Gamora scene in IW in bright light: You can't drag the bust in to that light to say accurate or inaccurate.

*IMO* it's close enough to whatever arbitrary scene one picks. It looks amazing, as you know. That's all that counts.
I’m not disagreeing. I’ve rewatched a lot of the Endgame Thanos scenes recently, and if anything in a lot of his scenes it looks like he has a near halo effect, where one side/edges of him are being hit with light, whereas the rest of him is quite dark.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:53 PM   #303
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I’m not disagreeing. I’ve rewatched a lot of the Endgame Thanos scenes recently, and if anything in a lot of his scenes it looks like he has a near halo effect, where one side/edges of him are being hit with light, whereas the rest of him is quite dark.
Exactly.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:00 AM   #304
M United
The Spirit

Thor vs Thanos when he snaps in daylight looks much lighter purple. That is the true color of Thanos for me.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #305
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
Thor vs Thanos when he snaps in daylight looks much lighter purple. That is the true color of Thanos for me.

This was the lightest of all pics I could find of that scene, majority are darker:

Old 06-09-2020, 10:35 AM   #306
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Just received mine!

The bust is definitely my centerpiece. The sculpt is out of this world.

That said, I do find it a bit darker than advertised.

CWalker did a great job explaining why it's impossible to know what the real shade of purple is. I bet even the russo bros didn't spend so much time debating on it.

Am I happy that i bought it? HELL YEAh. I don't care if it's a bit darker.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:40 PM   #307
CWalker
The Avengers

Looks even better than pics, doesn't it?
Old 06-10-2020, 04:49 AM   #308
M United
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
This was the lightest of all pics I could find of that scene, majority are darker:

That pic of the left looks good. If it is that color in person under regular light or sunlight then this is close to perfection. If it only that light due to high light then no good for my liking. It needs to be a lighter purple as standard not due to a high light effect.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:56 AM   #309
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
That pic of the left looks good. If it is that color in person under regular light or sunlight then this is close to perfection. If it only that light due to high light then no good for my liking. It needs to be a lighter purple as standard not due to a high light effect.
When I have a light pointed up to his face, mine can look like that, but because of the helmet simple lighting from above will always cast shadows and prevent the light from fully illuminating his face.

Even so, he doesn’t look too dark, and imo looks fine.

I don’t know how camera settings work, but whenever I use the flash option, the purple is so saturated? that it looks like a bright purple which really looks terrible.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:07 AM   #310
French Cancan
Deadman

Clearly, you'll have to work on the lighting you'll choose to display your Thanos.
And with one same lighting, does it react in the same way on a PVC Thanos, or a polystone Thanos, or a silicon Thanos, even if the purples look similar?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote