Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-28-2020, 08:20 PM   #26701
built2shred
Phoenix

Justice League Dark Apocalypse War - 8/10

Not sure why they would make an animated movie that's suppose to reset the timeline for DC's future movies R rated so only certain people can watch it ...

Don't get me wrong the violence fits in better with the story but I think if they left out the F bombs they might have gotten away with a PG-13 rating...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:40 PM   #26702
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

10 Cloverfield Lane 9/10
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #26703
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Trois couleurs: Bleu (1993) - A woman struggles to find a way to live her life after the death of her husband and child.

Trois couleurs: Blanc (1994) - After his wife divorces him, a Polish immigrant plots to get even with her.

Trois couleurs: Rouge (1994) - A model discovers a retired judge is keen on invading people's privacy.

Individually, I'd rate these movies a little lower than I would collectively. Blue is the most serious and critically acclaimed of the three. White is the most lighthearted while Red is more of a thriller. As three chapters to a whole, they make much more of an impact when seen together--and the ending of the third film, Red, is likewise much more rewarding. 9/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:34 AM   #26704
nearmint
Phoenix

Ang Lee’s Hulk 5/10 It didn’t hold up very well.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:53 AM   #26705
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Justice League Dark Apocalypse War - 8/10

if they left out the F bombs they might have gotten away with a PG-13 rating...
come on bro, people are literally getting torn apart in pieces on screen mortal kombat style - im pretty sure strong language had very little to do with the rating
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:41 AM   #26706
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Harley Quinn Birds of Prey -- 2/10

This has to be one of the worst comic films ever made. Wow. I am stunned at how awful this film was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Worse than Venom? That to me is by far the worst comic book movie to date. I literally was squirming in my seat at the movie theater waiting for it to end. I would of walked out but I had my son and his friend with me. Absolutely awful in my opinion.
I think we should run a poll and find out what the Top 3 worst comic book films are. Then we all watch them around the same time to really make a final choice as to which is the worst.

I mean, Iron Man 3 is pretty rough. I also hate X-Men Apoc. I haven't watched BoP, but I think Venom is better than the other two I mentioned.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:50 AM   #26707
nearmint
Phoenix

Fantastic Four (2005)
We watched this as a family last night and it wasn’t as bad as I remembered it. Jessica Alba looks smoking hot, and all the actors are fairly well cast. The only negative is the portrayal of Dr. Doom was pretty ho-hum, but we enjoyed the character interaction and humor. Certainly no masterpiece, but an enjoyable popcorn movie. 7/10
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #26708
SONICobra
Batman

off the top of my head...

catwoman
batman and robin
batman forever
F4 rise of the silver surfer
xmen apoc
xmen last stand
xmen origins wolverine
green lantern
IM3
suicide squad
justice league
ang lee hulk
spiderman 3
the amazing spiderman 2

strong contendars based on what ive heard:
punisher warzone
elektra
birds of prey

sketchy but watchable:
F4
daredevil
blade trinity
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:25 AM   #26709
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
come on bro, people are literally getting torn apart in pieces on screen mortal kombat style - im pretty sure strong language had very little to do with the rating
Yeah, but it was just animated violence which IMO has less impact than realistic live action violence, but they could have easily toned that down also...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #26710
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Detroit Rock City (1999) - Really fun movie about a bunch of high school students in 1978 who will stop at nothing to overcome the many obstacles preventing them from attending a concert for their favorite band of all time - KISS. Stars Edward Furlong from Terminator 2 fame, and the always great Lin Shaye as the insanely strict and religous mother trying to stop the kids - 7.5/10

The Grudge (2020) - This was a bit better than I thought it would be after the reviews I read. Pretty standard fare for the grudge series, this one had quite a bit more gore than the others though which was a welcome addition. I enjoyed how they filmed the movie, it showed past, present and future events at different times then tied everything together at the end. Overall though, it was more jump scares than anything else, the jump scares were above average, but the movie as a whole left me wanting more and seemed like it never reached its potential - 6.5/10

Birds of Prey (2019) - I really dont know what to think about this movie lol it had some cool visuals and sets, some OK action scenes, and Ewan McGregor was fun to watch, but thats about where the praise ends. Other than that, the writing and story were awful, supporting characters were just tossed in the movie with no respect to their characters (not minor characters either, Huntress and Black Canary deserved better than this, I would say the same about Cassie Cain as her portrayl was the worst of all, but I never liked her in the comics anyway so no loss there to me) and Margot while I do believe she is passionate for the roll does not seem to "get" Harley (but thats probably equally the fault of the writers and director) It just seemed to me like they had a narrative they wanted to follow, and they sacrificed any and all respectful characterization from the comics to just use the characters and make them work in any way that fit the hack job story - 4.5/10

Bone Tomahawk (2015) - This movie being billed as a western/horror, and starring the great Kurt Russell is what made me initially want to see it, but maybe my expectations were too high. Its about a tribe of cannibals that kidnap some people from a village, and then the sheriff (Russell) and some other townspeople set out to rescue the kidnapped folks. Despite one scene of horribly graphic violence, one of the grossest I've ever seen on film, I wouldnt really call this a "horror" movie in the traditional sense of the word. I can't really put my finger on what the movie was missing, maybe it was just a little too straightforward im not sure, but at the end I was left a bit underwhelmed. Kurt Russell was awesome though, hands down the best part of the movie - 7/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote