Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #11
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax83 View Post
Sideshow doesn't count

Blizzard in house only
I think he totally counts (along with Kerrigan and Diablo), that was probably Blizzard subcontracting before they realized they could just do it themselves.

Plus he's awesome!
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:32 PM   #12
cyrax83
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I think he totally counts (along with Kerrigan and Diablo), that was probably Blizzard subcontracting before they realized they could just do it themselves.

Plus he's awesome!
Maybe. I'm just saying it doesn't because I missed out on Arthas lol

But I have hopes that Blizz will redo Arthas
cyrax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:45 AM   #13
martineaumichae

Brian Fay worked on a lot of the Sideshow Blizzard statues. The problem was licensing and deployment time.. took too long to produce them with all the statues they already make. Plus Blizzard realized they could make them and could sell more of them and for a less expensive price.

I own Arthas and the quality is excellent. Don't think they should Redo somthing that is already so great when they have so many other characters they can still make.
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:01 AM   #14
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
Brian Fay worked on a lot of the Sideshow Blizzard statues. The problem was licensing and deployment time.. took too long to produce them with all the statues they already make. Plus Blizzard realized they could make them and could sell more of them and for a less expensive price.

I own Arthas and the quality is excellent. Don't think they should Redo somthing that is already so great when they have so many other characters they can still make.
I don't know about that. While the art direction and the sculpt are amazing, I always felt the production paint left a lot to be desired. I don't own Arthas, and I would still jump at the chance to get the SS statue at retail, but he simply isn't at the same level of production quality as Blizzard's releases. Not to mention that Blizz is leaving A LOT of money on the table by not revisiting what is arguably their most popular character.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:23 AM   #15
martineaumichae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I don't know about that. While the art direction and the sculpt are amazing, I always felt the production paint left a lot to be desired. I don't own Arthas, and I would still jump at the chance to get the SS statue at retail, but he simply isn't at the same level of production quality as Blizzard's releases. Not to mention that Blizz is leaving A LOT of money on the table by not revisiting what is arguably their most popular character.
Owning all of Sideshow Blizzard statues and all of Blizzards in house statues I would say Arthas production quality is pretty solid. I also like how they were able to use hardly any PCV And the ice all around the base and the light up feature on the sword and eyes make in an arguably one of the best Blizzard statues out there IMO. I do respect your opinion though and definitely agree they are missing out on a lot of revenue. Furthermore if I didnt have my SS piece I would definitely be jonesing for Blizz to make one.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:22 AM   #16
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
Owning all of Sideshow Blizzard statues and all of Blizzards in house statues I would say Arthas production quality is pretty solid. I also like how they were able to use hardly any PCV And the ice all around the base and the light up feature on the sword and eyes make in an arguably one of the best Blizzard statues out there IMO. I do respect your opinion though and definitely agree they are missing out on a lot of revenue. Furthermore if I didnt have my SS piece I would definitely be jonesing for Blizz to make one.
Like I said, the sculpt is phenomenal. That light up feature is really nice as well. It's the paint that always bothered me. It's the reason I passed on the statue when it was first available. Granted, if I knew then what my collecting focus would be like in the future I would have jumped on that order button. At the time I simply had too many statues across too many themes. Sadly I let the paint, which wasn't terrible, sway me away from purchasing.

Anyway, my point is I think Blizzard could outdo Sideshow's offering. We know they have the sculptors and we know they can deliver near prototype level quality (seriously, I think the production Sylvanas might be better than the proto).
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:53 AM   #17
martineaumichae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Like I said, the sculpt is phenomenal. That light up feature is really nice as well. It's the paint that always bothered me. It's the reason I passed on the statue when it was first available. Granted, if I knew then what my collecting focus would be like in the future I would have jumped on that order button. At the time I simply had too many statues across too many themes. Sadly I let the paint, which wasn't terrible, sway me away from purchasing.

Anyway, my point is I think Blizzard could outdo Sideshow's offering. We know they have the sculptors and we know they can deliver near prototype level quality (seriously, I think the production Sylvanas might be better than the proto).
I would agree the Sylvanas statue is quite impressive. Come to think about the Arthas paint job, under the mask his face is black and isn't painted and looks unfinished. That is definitely odd. Good thing the mask covers it atll
Old 11-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #18
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Out of all the 1/5 Arthas is def the worst quality. Still good but plenty to be desired. The helmet connection design is what sticks out the most. Could be done much better nowadays.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #19
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I really hope this is the next statue we get from Blizzard. Frankly i hope we get any statue other than Overwatch since they have been releasing those pretty frequently.
gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #20
martineaumichae

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
I really hope this is the next statue we get from Blizzard. Frankly i hope we get any statue other than Overwatch since they have been releasing those pretty frequently.
I hope so and that it would be blizzard in house. otherwise this could be the one from DAM Toys?https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...amtoys-903382/