Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-14-2018, 09:22 AM   #21
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
Gosh where is the FB page?

The base could br a stage front with lights, if it were I would rig it with LEDs. Another idea would be splayed cards or the Book of Spells.

I skipped on the otherwise great Koto statue because the face was sickenly cutesy, this one by Yamato is better (but still too cutesy I feel), also I like it more than the face on the Sideshow statue which I would have preordered, if they got the face right.

I love that theyre making a Zatana! Its one of my favorite cosplays to do. There are few good Zatanna statues, and though I would have preferred the yellow vest, this one looks great!
Sounds like you are wanting Prime1's Zatanna. Incredible face, yellow vest with ruffle shirt.

Hopefully there will be a full reveal this Saturday at Wonder fest. Oh and its 1:3 scale so expect a $1000+ price tag
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:51 PM   #22
AC_808
Hercules

So, do we know if this statue is/was being shown at the Toy Fair?

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:47 PM   #23
bwestley13
Birdman

[QUOTE=AC_808;5571989]So, do we know if this statue is/was being shown at the Toy Fair?

Yamato doesn't have a booth. Unlike a Comic Con, Toy Fair is for retailers. Their site has a list of retailers that will attend.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:54 PM   #24
AC_808
Hercules

Oh well ...wishful thinking on my part.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #25
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Oh well ...wishful thinking on my part.
Yeah I'm wanting to see more too. Toy Fair is good for koto, diamond select, dc collectibles and gentle giant. funko, neca, mezco and quantum mechanix also have good booths that show new items. Saturday was also Winter Wonderfest in Japan which is their toy expo. Prime1 normally shows new items there. I was hoping to see more of their Zatanna.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:42 AM   #26
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The Prime 1 Zatanna is quite stunning. There is character in her face and mischief in her look. The pose is dynamic, feeling like she's about to start something else, and you can imagine someone doing it. Her hips & below are a bit on the chunky side, but not unrealistically so.

I am sorry to say, the Yamato Zatanna is entirely forgettable. In fact, I'd prefer to forget it. The only thing going for it is the rather attractive leg sculpt. The face is a generic manga 'cute' look, the body is.. Yes. It just is. Nothing to write home about, or even say much about on a forum of enthusiasts. The pose does not feel at all dynamic. It feels more as if you've come into the end of a show, just as the performer has finished, and there is nothing to look forward to, so may as well turn round & go home. What a shame.
The Royo image had a hint of danger, a hint of risk and forbidden pleasure. The sculpt has Disneyfied the image and in doing so lost everything that made the Royo image what it was.

Regards,

Richard
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:48 AM   #27
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I just don't like the pale skin that is on most Yamato pieces, and anime statues in general.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:03 AM   #28
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I just don't like the pale skin that is on most Yamato pieces, and anime statues in general.
They tend to change the skin tones between versions.

The first Wonder Woman was fairly tan while the EE and PVC were pale.

The first Harley was pale, the EE and PVC were more natural with a whiter face, web version was full body stark white.

Both Poison Ivys were pale with the web version more greenish.

If they come out with a second version of Zatanna, the one with the underbust corset and garter belts, it will probably be more tan.

I tend prefer the variants to the originals no matter what the skin tone. Hopefully they will fix Catwoman with the 3rd try.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #29
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardandtracy View Post
The Prime 1 Zatanna is quite stunning. There is character in her face and mischief in her look. The pose is dynamic, feeling like she's about to start something else, and you can imagine someone doing it. Her hips & below are a bit on the chunky side, but not unrealistically so.

I am sorry to say, the Yamato Zatanna is entirely forgettable. In fact, I'd prefer to forget it. The only thing going for it is the rather attractive leg sculpt. The face is a generic manga 'cute' look, the body is.. Yes. It just is. Nothing to write home about, or even say much about on a forum of enthusiasts. The pose does not feel at all dynamic. It feels more as if you've come into the end of a show, just as the performer has finished, and there is nothing to look forward to, so may as well turn round & go home. What a shame.
The Royo image had a hint of danger, a hint of risk and forbidden pleasure. The sculpt has Disneyfied the image and in doing so lost everything that made the Royo image what it was.

Regards,

Richard
This is exactly how I feel.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:32 AM   #30
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm kind of disappointed in the direction Yamato went with their DC lineup.... it had potential at the beginning but the last 3-4 statues just seem like DC Cover Girl statues. There's really nothing special about them.

When Yamato first announced they got the DC license I was kind of expecting Sexy Variations of the DC characters, basically sexy poses, outfits and curvy sculpts. Their first one Catwoman was a good attempt but missed the marked a bit with a weird costume. I think if they would of just given her a mask for her eyes only and not a ski mask it would of helped big time, plus the tail coming out the back was a bit weird also, it didn't help she wasn't that curvy either. With Yamato's past statues I was expecting a bit more sex appeal with the body sculpt.

Now Harley and Ivy IMO were more on track, sexy outfits and curvy bodies but then they did Wonder Woman which was basically her comic outfit in an awkward pose, the outfit got a bit more sexy with the Exclusive which gave her a crop top but again her body was not that curvy, if you have her leaning over like that they should of shown a lot more cleavage.

Then Batgirl came along with another awkward pose and basically her standard outfit with a grey V neck, she's not sexy at all... Then we have Supergirl, Zatanna and Katanna, standard outfits and IMO not all that curvey.... They're not bad statues but there not very special or unique either..

I've lost all interest in this line... The market is so saturated with these characters you really need to offer something more unique to stand out, I believe they started off on the right track but quickly changed direction and became a lot more conservative with their designs and because of that a lot more boring.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote