Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #11
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Even if you and most collectors dont want it to be real but this hulk is the best, pure massiv and simply the original (Jack Kirby) HULK and nothing can kick this icon from the throne of beeing the best hand sculpted (not digital) HULK on earth.

Only people having this icon in the collection and comparing it in real can judging this and it is like it is. HE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST
I think it's a cool representation of the Kirby Hulk, but IMO no 1:4 statue is worth $10k... most I would pay for this statue would be maybe $2k tops and that's if I was really into the Hulk which I'm not...

Not to mention given the popularity this Hulk gets, I wouldn't be surprise if SS makes another one before to long... I'm sure SS exec's are rubbing their hands together saying "wow look how much collectors are willing to pay, quick release more Kirby style Hulks"
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #12
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think it's a cool representation of the Kirby Hulk, but IMO no 1:4 statue is worth $10k... most I would pay for this statue would be maybe $2k tops and that's if I was really into the Hulk which I'm not...

Not to mention given the popularity this Hulk gets, I wouldn't be surprise if SS makes another one before to long... I'm sure SS exec's are rubbing their hands together saying "wow look how much collectors are willing to pay, quick release more Kirby style Hulks"
eBay is a weird beast. A single auction only needs two people that value that piece worth 10k. No one else in the world has to value the piece more than the 2k you do.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #13
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

Oh hi kettle, meet pot.

The buyer determines whether or not they want to pay that much for it. Plus this is mainly for charity. This isn’t Sideshow slapping a $10k price tag on it.

Shame that this wasn’t an XM piece, we’d be hearing about how much XM was doing for charity and how much heart they have.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #14
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

If you have one of these pieces and considering them for sale it may be a good time to post them.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #15
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Oh hi kettle, meet pot.

The buyer determines whether or not they want to pay that much for it. Plus this is mainly for charity. This isn’t Sideshow slapping a $10k price tag on it.

Shame that this wasn’t an XM piece, we’d be hearing about how much XM was doing for charity and how much heart they have.
My reply was to the person who was saying this was the best Hulk ever....

As for SS charity, I have bought a few of their charity statues at 3x-4x the normal price because it was for charity... have you?

Since you support SS so much why don't you place a $12k bid on Hulk, you know to show those pesky XM fans how loyal you are to SS
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:55 PM   #16
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Very cool of Sideshow doing this for charity purposes. Going to a good cause is a win for me. I actually have some of these pieces so that’s pretty cool to see. With that said, it blows my mind how much that Hulk is going for. I have always hated how this Hulk looks as I’ve never liked Kirby’s version of the Hulk. I actually consider it one of the worst Hulks I’ve ever seen only beaten by the first XM Hulk as the ugliest Hulk ever.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #17
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Why can't they put up that real prototype ivy for auction? Now that was a masterpiece! Kat killed it to perfection on those prototypes. These AP's are just like the originals but maybe a tiny bit better paint apps. We all owned them before. most of them goes for a bit more than retail only. However for a good cause, the tiger the better! Cant complain about that at all. Glad ss is doin g something to help with the mass success. Yes tax write off or not at least it will help research for better cures. Or at least we hope they do something good with the money ss donated.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #18
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Very cool of Sideshow doing this for charity purposes. Going to a good cause is a win for me. I actually have some of these pieces so that’s pretty cool to see. With that said, it blows my mind how much that Hulk is going for. I have always hated how this Hulk looks as I’ve never liked Kirby’s version of the Hulk. I actually consider it one of the worst Hulks I’ve ever seen only beaten by the first XM Hulk as the ugliest Hulk ever.
Have you ever seen it in person ?

I disliked it from the pics as I also never cared for the Ape-like Kirby face but that all changed once I had it in hand, still to this day the Green version is the best comic based statue of any character I've ever seen in person. It's just a phenomenal sculpt and it has tons of presence.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:52 PM   #19
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
My reply was to the person who was saying this was the best Hulk ever....

As for SS charity, I have bought a few of their charity statues at 3x-4x the normal price because it was for charity... have you?

Since you support SS so much why don't you place a $12k bid on Hulk, you know to show those pesky XM fans how loyal you are to SS
And my response are towards your comments...
Quote:
I can't believe Grey Hulk has already past the $10,000 mark.... some deep pocket collectors bidding there...
Quote:
IMO no 1:4 statue is worth $10k
Quote:
I'm sure SS exec's are rubbing their hands together saying "wow look how much collectors are willing to pay, quick release more Kirby style Hulks"
If your comment was directed at charity why the jabs towards the deep pocketed collectors? Yes of course they have deep pockets and could also have good hearts and are doing it for a noble cause.

I also doubt that you have won 2-3 Sideshow charity auctions (just my intuition) based on your comments alone. What does me not bidding on a charity auction have to do with calling out a hypocrite?

If you've been reading my comments lately I'm hardly a Sideshow fanboy. I don't support Sideshow like how you support XM and I don't like seeing XM fanboys going on and on about how XM pieces are worth every penny and then taking jabs at Sideshow for a charity auction and the people bidding. Yes Sideshow must be plotting their next Grey Hulk and slapping a premium tag on it based on the final bid of a charity auction...

But why am I not surprised that XM fanboy #2 is finding ways to take jabs at Sideshow in a charity auction thread?
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:01 PM   #20
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

+1 not a fan of the hulks here...

However, really wanted to bid on Jessica Rabbit... but already out-bid... instead... found Jessica Rabbit cosplay...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote