Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-03-2017, 01:38 PM   #501
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I didnt sculpt his body. Just his face.

From what I understand from the Art Director he is in process of notching the bow, not firing it. And the palm is down when you notch it. Ive seen images that support that.
Bingo.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #502
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

That looks excellent, the likeness is very good imo. Would love to have seen it done in translucent resin for some added realism. Think I'll pass on the preorder though, after the 2 year wait for darkness....once bitten twice shy and all that!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #503
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
That looks excellent, the likeness is very good imo. Would love to have seen it done in translucent resin for some added realism. Think I'll pass on the preorder though, after the 2 year wait for darkness....once bitten twice shy and all that!
I truly understand the frustration on statues taking so long to ship, however as a collector myself Ive never quite understood growing 'cold' on something because it takes so long.

For example, Im a huge fan of Darkness (which is why i made the statue as the SS one is horrid) so it wouldnt matter to me if it took 3 or even 5 years. Id want it regardless.

So hoping you can shed some light on the 'growing cold' thing.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:26 PM   #504
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Can we know how much?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #505
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Would love to have seen it done in translucent resin for some added realism.

Is this an option at the factories PCS use? I only have one statue that utilities it, an ECC alien. It is nice...

I know Sideshow have given up on the idea as their factories can't replicate it if memory serves me correctly...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #506
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
I truly understand the frustration on statues taking so long to ship, however as a collector myself Ive never quite understood growing 'cold' on something because it takes so long.

For example, Im a huge fan of Darkness (which is why i made the statue as the SS one is horrid) so it wouldnt matter to me if it took 3 or even 5 years. Id want it regardless.

So hoping you can shed some light on the 'growing cold' thing.
Yeah I could understand if there were other Darkness statues being released in the interim or other Rambo statues but I don't see other companies making these.

I think though for some collectors there is always something new coming up which tends to replace the old thing that you ordered months or years ago. They just want the new shinny object.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #507
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Is this an option at the factories PCS use? I only have one statue that utilities it, an ECC alien. It is nice...

I know Sideshow have given up on the idea as their factories can't replicate it if memory serves me correctly...
SS's Green Lantern PF has it for the Head Sculpt, I believe a few others are coming with it as well. However they basically have said if they can use it, they will, not really sure what is holding them back but perhaps it has to do with which factory they are using at the time.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #508
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Yeah I could understand if there were other Darkness statues being released in the interim or other Rambo statues but I don't see other companies making these.

I think though for some collectors there is always something new coming up which tends to replace the old thing that you ordered months or years ago. They just want the new shinny object.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #509
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post

Because its a full torso, not just a head, its ridiculously expensive. It would increase the retail price by $400-500 and I feel thats too expensive.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #510
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Because its a full torso, not just a head, its ridiculously expensive. It would increase the retail price by $400-500 and I feel thats too expensive.
Geez, that's some expensive material. Is it just because it's not readily available or is there something else that makes it so much more than other resins?