Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2020, 02:10 PM   #21
French Cancan
Deadman

My country is like a third world country. My daughter, who is a doctor, is sent on the front lines with insufficient protective equipment. They must already make their own protective masks and now they’re being asked to make gowns out of garbage bags....
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #22
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
My country is like a third world country. My daughter, who is a doctor, is sent on the front lines with insufficient protective equipment. They must already make their own protective masks and now they’re being asked to make gowns out of garbage bags....
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:44 PM   #23
ukshaun
Hercules

BREAKING NEWS..
McDonald's will close all 1,270 of its restaurants in the UK by the end of Monday (23st March 2020), as fears over the spread of coronavirus escalate.

To be fair, the UK Government has been fair.
As per the norm, it is like being back at school, where the class has to conform to the lowest common denominator (the thick c--t's)..
..which will amount to Italian levels of control, remaining house bound..

..if only people would stop attempting to act hip and break rules, and fail to abide by the 2 meter rule. Is it so difficult?
At the moment i remain home. I go out only at night to buy booze all the while staying at distance from all humans - Vampire style
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:43 PM   #24
ukshaun
Hercules

As of a few minutes ago, the UK is in lock-down. Only supermarkets, chemists, post-offices and online-stores can remain open. All other shops to close. People are supposed to stay home. They are allowed to leave the house once per day maximum for exercise only. Gatherings of people is not permitted. Anything more than 2 people is classed as a gathering. The government is to review the situation in 3 weeks time.

I'm going to be doing lots of loafing in the form of: movies, games, internet, sleeping, eating, keeping up with statue news
Old 03-24-2020, 02:51 PM   #25
Asgard
Deadman

In Germany we have a contact ban (hope the translation is correct). This is a softer form of curfew. There are curfews in a few areas / cities.

Many people scurry past you with their heads bowed at a distance of at least 2 meters. Creepy

Going out and playing sports is only allowed on your own or with the people you live with.
I think that is also important because without a vaccine a healthy immune system is important and the best way to get it is through exercise in nature.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:32 PM   #26
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
In Germany we have a contact ban (hope the translation is correct). This is a softer form of curfew. There are curfews in a few areas / cities.

Many people scurry past you with their heads bowed at a distance of at least 2 meters. Creepy

Going out and playing sports is only allowed on your own or with the people you live with.
I think that is also important because without a vaccine a healthy immune system is important and the best way to get it is through exercise in nature.
2 meter distance concept has been implemented here also. In reality, it fails to work for those using trains, when on their way to work.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #27
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Speaking from California, the San Francisco area to be exact, it literally has a small town or ghost town feel to it now with not many people out. Like everywhere else long lines at all grocery stores and most people are panic shopping. Scary thing is its so expensive to live out here and a majority of us are literally living paycheck to paycheck. Luckily I can work remotely but most other blue collar workers are not as fortunate.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:54 PM   #28
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Speaking from California, the San Francisco area to be exact, it literally has a small town or ghost town feel to it now with not many people out. Like everywhere else long lines at all grocery stores and most people are panic shopping. Scary thing is its so expensive to live out here and a majority of us are literally living paycheck to paycheck. Luckily I can work remotely but most other blue collar workers are not as fortunate.
People have been panic buying food here also. I hope over the coming days people will have maxed out panic buying, and buying food can return back to normal. I will find out tomorrow.
Last-week the shelves were empty of all common items, such as bread, milk, chicken, rice, cleaning products etc.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:54 PM   #29
Gothamite
Phoenix

The Italian government just warned that the number of likely cases is probably 10 times higher than the current official tally -- which means that Italy will have more cases than China.

By way of comparison, Italy has a population of 62 million people, whereas China has a population of 1.4 billion people.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #30
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
People have been panic buying food here also. I hope over the coming days people will have maxed out panic buying, and buying food can return back to normal. I will find out tomorrow.
Last-week the shelves were empty of all common items, such as bread, milk, chicken, rice, cleaning products etc.
Toilet paper and body hygiene are mostly sold out. But you can get everything else in my supermarket. The supermarket operators also do not refill the shelves immediately, but only at the beginning of the shift. There are three shifts. So there is always something on the shelves throughout the day.
In front of every cash register, panes were now attached and red adhesive strips all over the floor to keep the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
The Italian government just warned that the number of likely cases is probably 10 times higher than the current official tally -- which means that Italy will have more cases than China.

By way of comparison, Italy has a population of 62 million people, whereas China has a population of 1.4 billion people.
Over 600 dead in Italy yesterday.
I read a few minutes ago that the death toll in Italy is falling. But this is only a very careful forecast, the accuracy of which will only become apparent in the next few days. Let's hope the best
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote