Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #71
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Meh, who cares what she says out of her role. I could care less what actors say or think 99% of the time. They all tell us what we should do or think at some point. That is why I quit watching award shows. Most of them grandstand and blab on about something. If a celebrity or athlete I like doesn't have the same views as me I just don't read any of their statements other than relating to their role. I'm not going to call for their career to end on social media. Getting fired for not thinking like someone else or how the majority thinks they should is just ridiculous. It is still a free country last time I looked. As Hank Williams sang "Mind your own business, cause if mind your business, then you won't be mindin' mine."

It's super easy to separate an actor from their role when you don't care or follow what they say out of role. LOL

Just my thoughts on it all.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #72
Mister H
Gen 13

If one side has to ignore what celebrities say in order to enjoy their work, then the other side has to do the same......or not. Hell, who cares? I'm with jeremydmc on this.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:21 PM   #73
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

I think that's easier said than done when our whole hobby revolves around consuming geek culture, but I get the sentiment. Need to not take the bait on some of the geek news.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:55 PM   #74
Lord Maul
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Getting fired for not thinking like someone else or how the majority thinks they should is just ridiculous. It is still a free country last time I looked. As Hank Williams sang "Mind your own business, cause if mind your business, then you won't be mindin' mine."
Old 11-17-2020, 02:21 PM   #75
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I think that's easier said than done when our whole hobby revolves around consuming geek culture, but I get the sentiment. Need to not take the bait on some of the geek news.
Once you do it a few times it really gets easier. Same thing I went through when I decided to get away from Facebook. Going 4-6 months without even looking at it now is super easy but I had some withdrawals early on.

Pretty much the only time I get on Facebook now is to look at a statue. LOL
Old 11-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #76
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I hate mixing politics with my statues and geek culture, but Gina Carano has kind of publicly sucked too much lately to even collect a good Cara Dune for me. https://www.yahoo.com/news/fans-call...123020085.html

*Not trying to derail this thread with politics either. It's just frustrating to not be able to separate the person from their acting roles in some cases.
I do what I do when I hear or read anyone make a completely stupid statement, I roll my eyes and scroll on. Though I did unfollow her to cut down on seeing it.

Quote:
Meh, who cares what she says out of her role. I could care less what actors say or think 99% of the time. They all tell us what we should do or think at some point. That is why I quit watching award shows. Most of them grandstand and blab on about something. If a celebrity or athlete I like doesn't have the same views as me I just don't read any of their statements other than relating to their role. I'm not going to call for their career to end on social media. Getting fired for not thinking like someone else or how the majority thinks they should is just ridiculous. It is still a free country last time I looked. As Hank Williams sang "Mind your own business, cause if mind your business, then you won't be mindin' mine."

It's super easy to separate an actor from their role when you don't care or follow what they say out of role. LOL

Just my thoughts on it all.
I agree, except for Amber Heard, I have literal contempt for what was done there. She attempted to ruin someone's life, and is succeeding in some areas.

Quote:
Once you do it a few times it really gets easier. Same thing I went through when I decided to get away from Facebook. Going 4-6 months without even looking at it now is super easy but I had some withdrawals early on.

Pretty much the only time I get on Facebook now is to look at a statue. LOL
Pretty much, Facebook for me is Friends, Family members and Sideshow Contests.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #77
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Hollywood claims to pioneer diversity but they are actually pushing conformity. Everyone needs to look different but think the same. Disney is a big believer in this.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:02 PM   #78
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This has to be the worst statue SS has put out in the last 3 years.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #79
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Why can’t the fascist’s let someone have a different opinion than what they hold without trying to ‘cancel’ them?

Then again there are people trying to cancel baby yoda for eating a make believe characters make believe unfertilized eggs.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #80
Augen
Metal Men

I wonder if XM will get a shot at her and others in the Mandalorian series.
Closed Thread