Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 03:33 AM   #101
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

You make it sound so one sided! Let’s see, folks on the right have been threatened with having their employment terminated, suggested re-education, and no fly lists. At what point are you going to be on ‘the front lines’ pushing back? Funny how when a leftists politician says much worse to a mob, or outright encourages violence there is not push back.

This is a favorite character of my wife who happens to identify with her body type and enjoys the character (despite being a lib).

That’s the only reason I need to want it in my collection despite your inferences otherwise.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:45 AM   #102
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

If you continue to support the persecution of someone with an unpopular opinion, for you too that time will come.

Old 02-11-2021, 04:02 AM   #103
nearmint
Phoenix

Not a fan of this piece. They took a highly dynamic character and gave her a pose that could only be less dynamic if she were napping.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:49 AM   #104
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
If you continue to support the persecution of someone with an unpopular opinion, for you too that time will come.

How about if MY opinion is that this person can go ---- themself? :P

Does it really matter though, this PF sucks ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsz1034 View Post
This controversy is either going to lead to the statue getting cancelled outright, or become a hot collectible item (and political symbol) for a very specific group of collectors.
I don't think either will happen, and I collecting statues is so niche I don't really think people would care enough either way about it if they really wanted or didn't want the statue to have their mind changed over some other bs :<
Old 02-11-2021, 05:40 AM   #105
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Plus the likeness could use some work.

Gina wasn't craving attention. She was sucked into a situation. She's been harassed by a social media mob for about a year now because she didn't have pronouns on her profile. Most people don't even know what that means. And the media has been harping 24/7 about people wanting her fired. So I guess it escalated from there. I'm sure she'd rather get back to interacting with fans instead of fending off a mob. Now the mob is celebrating her firing. That's cool. Fire everyone. Who needs movies or sports or video games anyways?

Also, half the MCU actors and comic book writers say stupid things and trash fans. Yet it's silence. At least be fair with your firings.

You may have interpreted it that way. I interpreted her comment to reference the start of the atrocity (not the end result) with neighbors turning on each other. Some similarities are starting here. People have been fed lies by the elites and are now in terror. As a result, neighbors are killing and beating people over a mask and a red hat. They want to deprogram people, whatever that means. But I think she should just stop being a strong woman and not say anything at all. This is the way. At least they didn't fire Chris Pratt and Rosario.
Thanks for bringing the context. Too often left out in lieu of click bait headlines that are meant to stoke emotional (and literal) fires. The fact that news outlets intentionally don't go deeper and people ingest their words as truth has been alarming. "Feelings over facts".

Back to the statue, I suspect it will be canceled. If they're scrubbing her image from artwork well before now, then a statue projected to ship in Nov 2021-Jan 2022 doesn't stand a chance.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:05 AM   #106
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I disagree that it will necessarily be canceled. They already have licensor approval. At a minimum they have the factory space booked and it may even be in early production. That’s why SS doesn’t solicit orders before final approval.

Though I could see them quietly capping the numbers at whatever and it being a small release.

I would have rather had a Hot Toys version but that’s not happening now.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:55 AM   #107
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I am all for freedom of speech, having different political views, and mask-wearing choice (and I will judge your ass for not wearing one, but to each their own) .
I personally think it should not be a choice and if caught then you get a $1000 fine. People need to learn and stop being stupid.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:03 AM   #108
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I personally think it should not be a choice and if caught then you get a $1000 fine. People need to learn and stop being stupid.
Is that in the constitution? You know, pesky little things like being free to make that decision are a funny thing.

An establishment has every right to enforce a dress code, including masks. But what you are suggesting is nothing short of a police state. (I actually wear two masks half the time and even mask up when taking the trash down the block).
Old 02-11-2021, 08:04 AM   #109
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have no problem with Gina and what she did or didn't say is her business. However, I am surprised this statue was even made. Nobody wanted it and it's from a character that nobody really thinks of. The ES is probably 10 at max . It's really a shame because the time put into this could have been put toward something a lot of us would want.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:07 AM   #110
KaraFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Is that in the constitution? You know, pesky little things like being free to make that decision are a funny thing.

An establishment has every right to enforce a dress code, including masks. But what you are suggesting is nothing short of a police state. (I actually wear two masks half the time and even mask up when taking the trash down the block).
I get what you are saying (and nobody wants a police state) and I'm not saying it's forever but we would be through most of this pandemic right now if they did. It's very disrespectful to the rest of us. And to be honest it's no different than this situation ... New York City issues fines of $1,000 to people who refused to get the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine within 48 hours.
Closed Thread