Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-30-2018, 11:47 AM   #271
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Bought me the DKR deluxe hardcover and the Master Race harcover last night. Flipping through the pages quickly (but haven't read yet), the art was quite different than what I was expecting base on the statue.

Hope they're awesome reads!
The DKR is a very good read and depending on how much you enjoy Frank Miller's style of art, you'll either love it more because of it, or be distracted by it. The story itself is great - ENJOY. The Master Race is interesting and the artwork is a little better, but I always felt like Andy Kubert was trying to emulate Miller's style and depending on which side of the fence you stood on, that either hurt / help the final product.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:10 PM   #272
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviler View Post
PM the link? Prob cheaper to get it in Spain then for me ...
PM sent!
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:14 PM   #273
spiwn
Frackin!

can you send me the links for spain? me puedes enviar los enlaces para españa? gracias !!!
spiwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #274
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiwn View Post
can you send me the links for spain? me puedes enviar los enlaces para españa? gracias !!!
No problem!
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:04 PM   #275
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

And Ordered. Thought about waiting for ES but I find this to be easily the best Batman statue out there. Nothing IMO comes close. Not mass produced or custom. It has everything. I like the Bigger badder Batman. I love that I can switch the Bat emblems (Something I have always wanted from a batman statue). I am a fan of TDK Returns and the gun is the perfect set up to display for that comic.. But the switch outs are perfect for just having a perfect all around Batman.. I like Batman to be a bit bigger.. Which is strange since I am a huge fan of the 70's style batman art but I don't think the skinnier batmans translate as well to a 3d sculpt.. I prefer the "cloth suit" to any kind of armor..

Basically what I am saying is this is perfect. My only issue is I am not in love with the snarl face sculpt. But the other two are perfect.

I hope P1 treats this the same as the original DK release and release some options for other head sculpts..

This thing is huge and that is a concern.. I hope the wings come off and can still be displayed as it will be much easier to find a spot for it. As is I think I will have to become very very creative. But this piece is worth it.

This has to be the first order I have done that has such a far off release date. I sure hope life events don't force a cancellation.. I cant see a better Batman being made.. THis just has that certain something.. No other Batman statue has been this impressive to me. Not even close.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:16 AM   #276
Comic69
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
And Ordered. Thought about waiting for ES but I find this to be easily the best Batman statue out there. Nothing IMO comes close. Not mass produced or custom. It has everything. I like the Bigger badder Batman. I love that I can switch the Bat emblems (Something I have always wanted from a batman statue). I am a fan of TDK Returns and the gun is the perfect set up to display for that comic.. But the switch outs are perfect for just having a perfect all around Batman.. I like Batman to be a bit bigger.. Which is strange since I am a huge fan of the 70's style batman art but I don't think the skinnier batmans translate as well to a 3d sculpt.. I prefer the "cloth suit" to any kind of armor..

Basically what I am saying is this is perfect. My only issue is I am not in love with the snarl face sculpt. But the other two are perfect.

I hope P1 treats this the same as the original DK release and release some options for other head sculpts..

This thing is huge and that is a concern.. I hope the wings come off and can still be displayed as it will be much easier to find a spot for it. As is I think I will have to become very very creative. But this piece is worth it.

This has to be the first order I have done that has such a far off release date. I sure hope life events don't force a cancellation.. I cant see a better Batman being made.. THis just has that certain something.. No other Batman statue has been this impressive to me. Not even close.
Congratulations! I am still considering...
Comic69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #277
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Read the Dark Knight Returns story this weekend and watched the full animated movie yesterday on Blu Ray. Great, great story.

But, now I'm confused as to why this statue is called the DKIII Master Race statue when the statue depicts an exact scene in the DKR story.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #278
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Read the Dark Knight Returns story this weekend and watched the full animated movie yesterday on Blu Ray. Great, great story.

But, now I'm confused as to why this statue is called the DKIII Master Race statue when the statue depicts an exact scene in the DKR story.
just licensing nomenclature. the original black DKR statue was technically an "Arkham skin" but looked straight out of the comics. I wouldn't read too much into the naming used with these lines.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #279
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
the statue is based off a variant cover of DKIII master race

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33a074747c0dbc19d2520c32e878f028.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	118704  
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #280
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the statue is based off a variant cover of DKIII master race

Ok, so simply because it was a variant cover (even though that scene is in DKR LOL).
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote