Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-22-2019, 05:54 PM   #2471
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEYE View Post
Who reanimates the dead?
But have we ever seen them actually animate the dead or just the people directly killed by them.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:13 PM   #2472
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Hate to break it to you, but in pre-industrial societies, people typically died between the ages of 40 and 50. They were middle-aged by 20. Most started having sex between 12 and 14. They were probably expected to have adult responsibilities by then, too.

Anyway, Maisie Williams does not look like a child.
How old are you? Perception of who looks like a child and who doesn't is often based on the age of the observer.

I'm 45 and think Maisie looks like a kid. Do I think she looks 11 or 12? No. Does she look 17 or 18? Not at all. So she's 15, maybe, in my eyes? Old enough to have sex "in the real world?" Yeah, lots of kids do. Doesn't mean, at 45, I want to watch it or find it entertaining.

Honestly, considering they turned her character into about the coldest person on the show, it also just seems ridiculous that she'd be doing it out of caring or anything other than "I need to do it before I die" reasoning.

So yeah, watching a kid have meaningless sex isn't what some of us consider Emmy winning programming.

But hey, it could have been worse. She could have done it with The Hound...
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:19 PM   #2473
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think Wite Walkers can only create wite from those who they (as in any Walker or Wite) have killed. So the crypt people will only be murdered bc they are sheep’s in a pen - I think that plan is dumb as hell too FTR

My friend and I were talking about the Wite Dragon. Does his “fire” burn people OR turn them directly into wites? We’ve never seen his magic fire used on anything but the wall so there is clearly some magic on there. That could be one hell of a twist if it happens.

So let’s pick our first three deaths - they have to start killing people next week....Theon, Beric, and Jorah are my votes.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #2474
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
How old are you? Perception of who looks like a child and who doesn't is often based on the age of the observer.

I'm 45 and think Maisie looks like a kid. Do I think she looks 11 or 12? No. Does she look 17 or 18? Not at all. So she's 15, maybe, in my eyes? Old enough to have sex "in the real world?" Yeah, lots of kids do. Doesn't mean, at 45, I want to watch it or find it entertaining.

Honestly, considering they turned her character into about the coldest person on the show, it also just seems ridiculous that she'd be doing it out of caring or anything other than "I need to do it before I die" reasoning.

So yeah, watching a kid have meaningless sex isn't what some of us consider Emmy winning programming.

But hey, it could have been worse. She could have done it with The Hound...
It wasn't meaningless sex. It was a character's honest desire to experience an activity which most people (and animals) desire due to our hormones.

It's your problem if you characterize it as meaningless sex, especially since it wasn't presented in a titillating manner. This scene isn't on the level of Tyrion or Bronn's orgies.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #2475
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
It wasn't meaningless sex. It was a character's honest desire to experience an activity which most people (and animals) desire due to our hormones.

It's your problem if you characterize it as meaningless sex, especially since it wasn't presented in a titillating manner. This scene isn't on the level of Tyrion or Bronn's orgies.
It's hardly MY problem how I characterize it, only you seem to have issue with everyone else's opinions.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #2476
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
It's hardly MY problem how I characterize it, only you seem to have issue with everyone else's opinions.
Sure, when an opinion is wrong.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:04 PM   #2477
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Sure, when an opinion is wrong.
My 4 year old niece thinks the same way. I guess that answers the how old are you question
Old 04-22-2019, 08:11 PM   #2478
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
My 4 year old niece thinks the same way. I guess that answers the how old are you question
Ah, the insults begin.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:22 PM   #2479
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think Wite Walkers can only create wite from those who they (as in any Walker or Wite) have killed. So the crypt people will only be murdered bc they are sheep’s in a pen - I think that plan is dumb as hell too FTR

My friend and I were talking about the Wite Dragon. Does his “fire” burn people OR turn them directly into wites? We’ve never seen his magic fire used on anything but the wall so there is clearly some magic on there. That could be one hell of a twist if it happens.

So let’s pick our first three deaths - they have to start killing people next week....Theon, Beric, and Jorah are my votes.
The Hound, Grey Worm, 3rd night watch men (Not Snow or Samwell)
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:23 PM   #2480
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I have been curious whether it's fire at all or if he breathes ice now.

as for the first deaths, i'll have to give that some thought but since Theon will be with Brann I can't imagine he'll be among the first to go (sadly) but I do think he will die trying to protect him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
The Hound, Grey Worm, 3rd night watch men (Not Snow or Samwell)
Dolorous, the poor bastards name is Dolorous and if the Hound dies before confronting the Mountain that will be the greatest disappointment in series history.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote