Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #521
Alucard
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
I turned on my TV this morning and it has come to this... I knew it. Do something about it Gentle Giant!!

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #522
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
Hey guys, for both of these figures you will be seeing movement on them by the end of the year. So keep your eyes on the blog and news letter. They might be creeping up on ya.
thanks!

AND LAWL @ Hunter
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #523
Dreamwalker
Gentle Giant Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
I turned on my TV this morning and it has come to this... I knew it. Do something about it Gentle Giant!!

" some men , just want to see the world burn"
Dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #524
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

When is the 1/6 r2-d2 sculpture going to be released? It's been like 3 years since it was solicited lol.
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #525
Movieman
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I had the chance to watch the Prometheus movie and I have to say I loved it. Is there any chance of seeing any statues or busts from the movie?
Movieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #526
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Hi Dreamwalker and welcome to the forum. I picked up the Sucker Punch WW1 Zombie Statue a couple days ago. I have to say that GG and the factory did an amazing job on the statue and Sideshow should be looking over their shoulders at the quality coming out of GG.

But do you need to address the bases and the aligning of the screws. It took me at least 15 minutes to get them in and every turn and strain I thought something was going to snap. This shouldn't be happening.
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #527
Dreamwalker
Gentle Giant Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
Hi Dreamwalker and welcome to the forum. I picked up the Sucker Punch WW1 Zombie Statue a couple days ago. I have to say that GG and the factory did an amazing job on the statue and Sideshow should be looking over their shoulders at the quality coming out of GG.

But do you need to address the bases and the aligning of the screws. It took me at least 15 minutes to get them in and every turn and strain I thought something was going to snap. This shouldn't be happening.
Thank you for bringing this up. I know for our other statues the legs are designed to be a little further apart then the actual holes in the the base . So when you are "installing" the statue the legs will create tension so the figure will not fall out of its place.

They could of had the same idea designing the legs for the zombie soldier. although for this statue you screw the legs in , so it could have been a minor alteration in the drilling process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolokoPlus View Post
When is the 1/6 r2-d2 sculpture going to be released? It's been like 3 years since it was solicited lol.
The release time that i have now for that figure is going to be late Q4 (december) or early Q1 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
I had the chance to watch the Prometheus movie and I have to say I loved it. Is there any chance of seeing any statues or busts from the movie?
I still have yet to see that movie, even though i own the "battle pack" DVD set. or all the alien movies and predator and the AVP's as well. I'm a big fan of that sci-fi world.

Unfortunately i currently have no information to accurately answer that question.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #528
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks for the reply on 1/6 r2 dream walker. What about the 1:1 r2 monument? Any news on that?
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #529
Dreamwalker
Gentle Giant Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolokoPlus View Post
Thanks for the reply on 1/6 r2 dream walker. What about the 1:1 r2 monument? Any news on that?
Its looking like its going the same time End of Q4 beginning of Q1 2013
Old 10-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #530
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker View Post
Its looking like its going the same time End of Q4 beginning of Q1 2013
Think I forgot to say welcome Dreamwalker. Good to still have a rep. with us here

You can also accept and pass on my congrats on another stellar piece. Got my Rocket Statue today, and it
Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote