Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #481
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Our first flipper has appeared on the Bay!
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #482
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
In case anyone is wondering, shipping the framed print to NYC cost $20.
They upgraded my order to the framed. Shipping to Ontario is $40.

On the Ebay post, I see the flipper is listing the framed for $232. Hardly seems worth putting it up.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #483
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't really see the point of the perpetual witch hunt towards flipper. In this hobby, people buy and resell since the dawn of time. A lot of old time collectors literally made their collection at NO COST simply by buying and reselling their pieces for a profit once they were in hand.
I know, it's not a fair practice and everything... still, I don't understand why almost any thread regarding a low ES piece / sought after piece should turn into this.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #484
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I don't really see the point of the perpetual witch hunt towards flipper. In this hobby, people buy and resell since the dawn of time. A lot of old time collectors literally made their collection at NO COST simply by buying and reselling their pieces for a profit once they were in hand.
I know, it's not a fair practice and everything... still, I don't understand why almost any thread regarding a low ES piece / sought after piece should turn into this.
I'm not hunting. I'm happy there's one. I want to know what the market value is on these prints.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #485
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
They upgraded my order to the framed. Shipping to Ontario is $40.

On the Ebay post, I see the flipper is listing the framed for $232. Hardly seems worth putting it up.
Plus $25 for shipping. Yes, I don't think it's much of a "flip". Still though its early and the bids may raise once people see the print hung on the wall, next to the statue.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #486
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
Will we get an email warning for when new art prints are going up for sale? Or will it be a surprise like spook. These sell out quick and I would hate to order one then miss the next one
Anyone have an answer to this? I am contacting Sideshow later today.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #487
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Not hunting. Just adding to prior post.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #488
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
Will we get an email warning for when new art prints are going up for sale? Or will it be a surprise like spook. These sell out quick and I would hate to order one then miss the next one
Yes, we will let people know in advance when a new print will be available for order and not just place them up at a random day/time. More than likely that notification will come from the weekly newsletter and also updated on the preview page(s).
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #489
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
I don't either. I thought really hard about getting another company's latest statue and flipping it. Guaranteed would have mad at least a $200 profit. Didn't do it. Honestly, didn't want the hassle.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #490
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Yes, we will let people know in advance when a new print will be available for order and not just place them up at a random day/time. More than likely that notification will come from the weekly newsletter and also updated on the preview page(s).
Awesome!!
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote