Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #931
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
On the whole I do like the 1st sideshow PF of Superman quite well, though I would not really consider him 'on the market' anymore since he's been out of production for quite a long while. I do like the new sideshow Superman also but I just really like the way the TH Superman presents the character. The sideshow of course has tremendous improvements in detail over the TH though.
Yes, the OG Superman PF is definitely sold out. However, the price of it in the aftermarket is very reasonable. I've seen REG editions sell on ebay for $50 - $100 off retail. At such a reasonable price point, I think the PF offers the most bang for your $$$ if someone is looking to add just one Superman statue to their collection.

However, if a collector is looking for a 1/6 scale statute specifically, or looking to collect other 1/6 scale pieces and display them with Superman, I'd go with Tweeter Supes all the way. It's definitely the best looking 1/6 Superman statue for me personally and will display perfectly in a 1/6 scale lineup.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #932
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I have the original SS Supes and so far nothing has convinced me to drop another $600+ for another Superman statue. I did upgrade mine with a dynamic Dan fabric cape. As far as I’m concerned I have the best one.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #933
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I have the original SS Supes and so far nothing has convinced me to drop another $600+ for another Superman statue. I did upgrade mine with a dynamic Dan fabric cape. As far as I’m concerned I have the best one.

Adding a fabric cape definitely brings it to the next level. I love mine, but I will say the Prime 1 HUSH Superman is pretty dang cool. The 1:1 bust is also up there as one of my favorites.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:22 PM   #934
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Adding a fabric cape definitely brings it to the next level. I love mine, but I will say the Prime 1 HUSH Superman is pretty dang cool. The 1:1 bust is also up there as one of my favorites.
I've seen the Hush Superman in person and yes it's cool. Just not cool enough at those prices IMO.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:14 AM   #935
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Yeah, I'm thrilled with my OG Superman PF. Can't see replacing it with any other 1/4 Supes statue. Especially with the high prices of 1/4 statues nowadays.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:19 AM   #936
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

P1 Hush Superman is easily the best Superman available/made. If you don’t want to spend the money/allocate the space I get it, but it’s absolutely the best Superman statue and it’s not really close.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:10 AM   #937
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
P1 Hush Superman is easily the best Superman available/made. If you don’t want to spend the money/allocate the space I get it, but it’s absolutely the best Superman statue and it’s not really close.
It’s not my favorite. I think the portraits are ugly. More Frank Castle than Kal-El.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:16 AM   #938
bjoern
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It’s not my favorite. I think the portraits are ugly. More Frank Castle than Kal-El.

The portraits on the p1 Superman are ugly looking. I‘m also not a fan of the body sculpts of the hush Superman and Batman. The muscles are bit much for my taste.
bjoern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #939
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I don't care much for the P1 portrait either, but the exaggerated muscles don't bother me, I think the presence is out of this world. They do phenominally project the power of Superman, probably better than any other statue, that's true... I just happen to be looking for a statue to emphasize his humanity at the moment I do think P1 is the Superman to get though if you want to portray his alien nature and unparalleled power!

And I love Jim Lee
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:31 PM   #940
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Sorry, but for me personally, Hush Supes isn't my ideal Supes statue. But hey, whatever we like (or don't like) always just boils down to personal preference.