Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-21-2020, 08:06 PM   #1011
Peedi
The Secret Six

To each their own. It’s always great that we even have options. It doesn’t matter if you’re in the minority, all that matters is everybody get the versions they personally like. For me SS Cable and Colossus are both better than XMs versions and I would never display Cable without the portals, they’re a really cool addition to me. Same time, I way prefer XM’s Sabretooth and Emma over SS’s. But like I said, it’s great we have options.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:37 PM   #1012
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
To each their own. It’s always great that we even have options. It doesn’t matter if you’re in the minority, all that matters is everybody get the versions they personally like. For me SS Cable and Colossus are both better than XMs versions and I would never display Cable without the portals, they’re a really cool addition to me. Same time, I way prefer XM’s Sabretooth and Emma over SS’s. But like I said, it’s great we have options.

I don't view those as gimmicks, but nice added creative touches, and I commend Sideshow and other companies for pushing the envelope in terms of what can be done with modern statues. Many of the things mentioned you can easily remove anyway, like the portals on Cable, and Lockheed on Colossus is just an exclusive element. And I also appreciate more than just a plain boring base...some of the base designs and details really add a lot to the overall piece, but hey, art is subjective.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:29 PM   #1013
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I’m glad the Cables portal are removable as an option. If they weren’t, I would not have gotten it. I prefer less is more for statues like this.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:18 PM   #1014
pau123
Sailor Moon

I do like SS cable and colossus more as it reminds me more of the comic and tv cartoons from90s
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:27 AM   #1015
FJC
Midnighter

IMO, the sideshow Cable is far better than the XM Cable. I don't like the portrait on the XM Cable or his costume. It looks like he's a farmer with the outfit he's got on. Sideshow's Cable is ripped straight from the comics. It looks perfect for me. That said, there's an option to add whichever one a person likes best to their collection.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:15 AM   #1016
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Love the liefeld pointy hair, big guns and shoulder pads style! I may get this later on if I can make the space. But waiting for p1 to get the 1:3 marvel license first.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:43 AM   #1017
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I’m glad the Cables portal are removable as an option. If they weren’t, I would not have gotten it. I prefer less is more for statues like this.
Are all the portals removable or are there holes?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #1018
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Are all the portals removable or are there holes?
there are empty key holes but theyre only visible from directly behind the statue
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:57 AM   #1019
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
there are empty key holes but theyre only visible from directly behind the statue
To be fair 2/3 are empty key holes. the 3rd small one on the right (looking from behind the statue), has a replaceable brick you can use if you don't want to use the portal. I think this is a cool idea I just wish they would given you something else to use on the portal holes for the gun and the back leg if you didn't want to use the portals.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #1020
SONICobra
Batman

oh im perfectly fine with it and will not be displaying any of the portals
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote