Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-25-2019, 12:13 PM   #41
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegsfuerst View Post
Chronicle bragged last year, that this endo will exclusively be available to be ordered from their homepage and now it's distributed by Cinemaquette??
Not enough reach on their own site. Cinemaquette adds credibility and expected level of quality to get those orders in.

You know, I was just thinking, in a few years the average person will be able to 3D print stuff like this for a grand or two. Then bring it to their local painter or bodyshop even, in this case, and have them painted up for a few hundred bucks. Can you imagine spending 11k on a statue, then looking back a few years later and saying, what the hell was I thinking??

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:11 PM   #42
qz33
Rescue

This is for people with so much money they would never be looking back.

People think 3D printing will never be mainstream or can't be accessible but it will.

A.I. will be able to dye or paint the stuff too.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #43
Atheris
The Maxx

Their regular stuff sells, just ok, so they thought pandering to billionaires was the next logical step in their evolution? LoL

I make pretty good cash, but even I could never invent a single reason to justify spending that kind of money on this.

Unless I was really really really drunk and added to cart, only to regret it the next morning. Has happened a few times...not proud of it lol

Chris
Old 01-25-2019, 02:54 PM   #44
Vader
Ghost

Was the sideshow t2 version (version 2) chrome plated or just painted like the bust? the 1:1 bust was just painted.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:24 PM   #45
Atheris
The Maxx

Pretty sure SS's was plated.

Chronicles was painted silver for some reason lol

Chris
Old 01-25-2019, 11:56 PM   #46
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Happy to give some info on the 1:1 Endoskeleton.

When comparing something like this to a 1:2 version, no offense it's not even in the same category. Nor is the 1:1 Terminator 2 Endoskeleton. I should know I produced the masters for the Sideshow 1:1 and helped with the HCG 1:2 version produced years ago.

The T2 Endo is about 150 individual pieces and we were able to combine pieces during production and we got it under 100.

Then each piece is triple chrome pated, copper, nickel then chrome. On the clean versions each one needed to be buffed and body shopped for perfection. If there was a flaw, well we sold those later as battle damaged versions.

The Genysis Endo is a beast, it's nearly 300 individual pieces and we didn't combine or re-sculpt any of the pieces or flood them in any way. That combined with custom machined parts and six different size cable housing and hose. Each one of the Genisys Endos are clean and the plating has to stand up to scrutiny.

The Plating has gone up in cost over the years and again comparing this Endo to a 1:2 is no comparison at all.

Chronicle will offer the piece on Monday and our payment plans will apply to this piece.

Limited to 100 Pieces.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:04 AM   #47
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

http://cinemaquette.com/replicas/cin...7a12k7e9e036u0
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:42 AM   #48
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Pretty sure SS's was plated.

Chronicles was painted silver for some reason lol

Chris
As usual no idea what you are talking about, every post you just made is laughable, so glad to see your lovely green troll face here again...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:15 AM   #49
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post

Chronicle will offer the piece on Monday and our payment plans will apply to this piece.

Paul
Thanks for the info Paul. Since you've presented this baby last SDCC at your booth, it didn't leave my mind. I just hope you will make it also available for international customers like the first version. Costed some serious money for the airfreight but it was all worth it.
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #50
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This piece is going to be amazing. Best of luck to whoever can afford it! I am still trying to figure out how to buy the 1:5 rex lol. I wish I could buy this.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote