Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #341
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
TH is trying to renegotiate international shipping rates. Fingers crossed. The shipping really went thru the roof in last 2-3 years. My P1 HQ in 2018 was $43 from SS, now TH Catwoman was almost $50.
It's not the shipping cost it's the fact i have to pay it right away...

So instead of putting my $50 down and then paying the rest off over the months i have to put $175 down.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #342
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It's not the shipping cost it's the fact i have to pay it right away...

So instead of putting my $50 down and then paying the rest off over the months i have to put $175 down.
That is quite the hit right from the start. Only good thing is that you are getting locked to current shipping rates vs more insane rates from the future. I think it won’t hurt to recommend it to Chad to maybe have to shipping divided by 11. Pay $50 + 1/11 of shipping and after that 10 monthly payments with added 1/11 for shipping. That way you are locked in for current shipping rates plus initial cost is lower.

Would that be good solution or would you rather see something else?
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #343
dkeith
Fantastic Four

Just saw on Chad’s video where he said some were saying Black Adam was a fail because of his similarity to another statue. Why, because they are both floating? Really an unfair critique. Different sizes, different bases. Some people just like to complain I guess. It’s an amazing piece. Just had to get that off my chest.
dkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 06:44 PM   #344
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeith View Post
Just saw on Chad’s video where he said some were saying Black Adam was a fail because of his similarity to another statue. Why, because they are both floating? Really an unfair critique. Different sizes, different bases. Some people just like to complain I guess. It’s an amazing piece. Just had to get that off my chest.
Which piece are they saying it looks like? I can't think of any piece that looks like Black Adam... I think Black Adam looks great...

It's too bad XM came out with their 1:6 DC lineup at the same time as TH, otherwise, I think these TH statues would be a lot more popular and sell faster...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:00 PM   #345
dkeith
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Which piece are they saying it looks like? I can't think of any piece that looks like Black Adam... I think Black Adam looks great...

It's too bad XM came out with their 1:6 DC lineup at the same time as TH, otherwise, I think these TH statues would be a lot more popular and sell faster...
He said they are comparing it to Iron Studio’s version which is their 1/10 scale piece with a similar pose. XM’s version will be based on the current New 52 take which alone makes them different. Looking forward to that one too.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:29 PM   #346
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeith View Post
Must have been a troll. The IS has his arms crossed and doesn't have clouds on the base. Both are cool though.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:39 PM   #347
dkeith
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Must have been a troll. The IS has his arms crossed and doesn't have clouds on the base. Both are cool though.
Agreed.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:56 PM   #348
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Maybe I misunderstood:

I thought the original plan was for Black Adam to be a TH exclusive only, then I thought it was decided it would be for sale at other retailers.

Is the regular version still going to go up for sale at other retailers (like BBTS)?
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:37 PM   #349
MapleDonut
Justice League

Yup
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:17 PM   #350
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Did something happen with Black Adam? When checking out Hordak, I noticed that he was no longer on Tweeterhead's main page. I could find him by searching, but clicking on just takes me to a page showing the available-to-order statues (which does not include Black Adam).

I remember Chad at one time mentioning pre-orders would dictate the feasibility of producing the EX, but then I think something changed.... I can't imagine it went from being a hard sell to selling out.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote