Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-09-2023, 02:28 AM   #521
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Batman: the Brave and the Bold - the Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 Ordered

70s Batman. I heard that Batman in the Brave and the Bold was where the trasition from Campy Batman of earlier times to dark, grim and gritty Batman that i know and love start to happen in Bronz Age of Comics.

I watched some interviews with Neal Adams. (RIP Good Sir) and he was talking about how they could have this dark, grim and gritty Batman who didn't talk much approach thanks to the hero, Batman teamed up with, that way the creative team made the other hero have most of the dialog and make jokes to entertain the audiance where Batman could be a serious, cold, silent, dark character and ooze coolness.

Well, i am sold. I should know better by now that time is not kind to old comics, but lets give it an one more chance.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 10:24 AM   #522
Mister H
Gen 13

Get the other two DK. It’s worth it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 12:50 PM   #523
Shoo
Hercules

Be warned that The Brave and the Bold is essentially very silly comics. Bob Haney's stories might be hard to swallow for someone brought up on a diet of street-level Batman.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:01 PM   #524
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Be warned that The Brave and the Bold is essentially very silly comics. Bob Haney's stories might be hard to swallow for someone brought up on a diet of street-level Batman.
The first couple of Neal Adams issues, 79 and 80, are terrific. The Hellgramite scared the hell out of me as a kid and the Deadman story, Adams? first Batman I believe, was great. I do agree that much of the run is silly but those Adams issues are the real deal.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 02:44 PM   #525
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
The first couple of Neal Adams issues, 79 and 80, are terrific. The Hellgramite scared the hell out of me as a kid and the Deadman story, Adams? first Batman I believe, was great. I do agree that much of the run is silly but those Adams issues are the real deal.
Sure, but he's going to pay for a whole Omni to find any pearls within. That should give him some pause.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 05:09 PM   #526
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Sure, but he's going to pay for a whole Omni to find any pearls within. That should give him some pause.
Man... I knew it was crapy... :/ Old DC is ----... Now, all the three omnibuses will stay in their shrink wrap forever because i don't have stomack for bad Batman stories anymore. I wouldn't pull the trigger if it wasn't only three omnibuses. I am not touching those Goldern Age, Silver Age Batman Omnibuses for sure... They will probably be 50 Omnibuses each when they finished... 50 Omnibuses worth of crapy Batman stories... like really really cringe stuff. No, thanks.

Flash By Manapul & Buccellato Omnibus Ordered

When will the Mark Waid Flash Omnibus, vol. 2 come out ? Is there any information ? When Waid Flash completed, i will have a big Flash marathon starting with Waid Omnibuses then Geoff Johns Omnibuses and then Manapul Omnibus. It will be awesome. (:
Old 07-29-2023, 05:25 AM   #527
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Man... August will be a big month for me.

I will defiently get Detective Comics by Tomasi Omnibus, Green Lantern Corps by Tomasi Omnibus, The Phantom Stranger Omnibus and not a DC book but Red Sonja Omnibus and there is also Secret Warriors Omnibus from Marvel, 5 Omnibuses to get in 1 month... My Wallet is scared...

Come on Wallet, you can do it ! xD
Old 07-29-2023, 10:05 AM   #528
Mister H
Gen 13

I’ll grab that GLC omni and Phantom Stranger. Not too sure about the Detective Comics omni though, it’s Batman but it’s current Batman.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 03:11 PM   #529
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

What is wrong with current Batman ? too much Batfamily ? I don't like that as well, if that is the problem for you. I think writers keep the dosage of batbrats really low in Batman main title. I read some of Scott Snyder run(dropped it at the superheavy adventure... bunny armor gordon..pfftt lol) and then i read all of Tom King's run lastly and batbrats were almost nowhere to be seen in both runs. After all they all have their own title, if you like them, you can always read their own title. Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Birds of Prey etc. I must admit i like Nightwing as much as Batman.

I heard some awesome NEWS !!!!

Question Omnibus, vol. 2, Young Justice Omnibus, vol. 1 and not an omnibus but Batman: Gotham After Midnight Deluxe edition will be available in further 2023. (:

It is also announced The Flash by William Messner Loebs Omnibus, vol. 1, Justice League International Omnibus, vol. 3 and not an omnibus but Superman: Emperor Joker Deluxe Edition. I don't know when these 3 will be available though.
Old 07-29-2023, 03:59 PM   #530
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The William Messner Loeb Flash run was very good. To me it really provided the basis that both Mark Waid and Geoff Johns built their runs off of
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote