Statue Forum 



XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Diamond Select / CS Moore

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2017, 10:44 PM   #21
UnicornPegasus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
UnicornPegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin By Way Of Detroit.
Posts: 1,468
I have no damned self control at all...

Dark Phoenix is available at Gamestop, I did not know that before today, and it was very dangerous information. I went and got her. Be warned, check her out for defects before you buy her. The first one I was going to get had a huge chip/scrape on her bangs and a deep gouge/chip on her left shoulder. The third one I finally found (third store) had box damage only (that I saw through the packaging) and they are supposed to give you 10% off if the box it damaged according to the lovely ladies that helped me there.

Once I go her home, I found her head is little loose, which I think could be a common issue and maybe what caused the chips on the first one I saw (that they wouldn't discount at all even with damage on the statue itself.)

If they tell you they won't hold them, that's also crap, but there's likely only one of them per store from what I found.

Anyone know if they are actually numbered? Mine says 1/6000 on the foil tape, but I figured they don't chronologically number them, it's just a single one of the total 6000. Not sure though.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:56 AM   #22
Josado
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Josado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I have no damned self control at all...

Dark Phoenix is available at Gamestop, I did not know that before today, and it was very dangerous information. I went and got her. Be warned, check her out for defects before you buy her. The first one I was going to get had a huge chip/scrape on her bangs and a deep gouge/chip on her left shoulder. The third one I finally found (third store) had box damage only (that I saw through the packaging) and they are supposed to give you 10% off if the box it damaged according to the lovely ladies that helped me there.

Once I go her home, I found her head is little loose, which I think could be a common issue and maybe what caused the chips on the first one I saw (that they wouldn't discount at all even with damage on the statue itself.)

If they tell you they won't hold them, that's also crap, but there's likely only one of them per store from what I found.

Anyone know if they are actually numbered? Mine says 1/6000 on the foil tape, but I figured they don't chronologically number them, it's just a single one of the total 6000. Not sure though.
The sticker on the outside of my box says 1/6000 too. So I'm guessing it's just stating that it's one of 6000. Which is a little misleading. Especially to someone who doesn't know better. Sorry to hear you had so much problems finding a good copy.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #23
UnicornPegasus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
UnicornPegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin By Way Of Detroit.
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
The sticker on the outside of my box says 1/6000 too. So I'm guessing it's just stating that it's one of 6000. Which is a little misleading. Especially to someone who doesn't know better. Sorry to hear you had so much problems finding a good copy.
Ah, cool that's what I figured it was. Thanks for confirming!
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:36 AM   #24
Josado
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Josado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 110
BBTS says the regular Jean Grey statue is due "Late July", so hopefully we will see that soon.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:00 PM   #25
UnicornPegasus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
UnicornPegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin By Way Of Detroit.
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
BBTS says the regular Jean Grey statue is due "Late July", so hopefully we will see that soon.
Mine's already been pulled for our next shipment from DCBS, so I think she's already out in the US.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:16 AM   #26
Josado
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Josado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Mine's already been pulled for our next shipment from DCBS, so I think she's already out in the US.
Sweet. Post pics if you can.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com