Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-24-2017, 06:52 PM   #441
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Well, the reason behind what I said has nothing to do with the sculpt, but the art direction and paint job.

So, if you were responsible for those two aspects, then I'm sorry my comment offended you.

I like the original because it is more evil looking. I prefer the more sinister face, the red glowing eyes and the green skin. Regarding the new version, the reason I dislike it is because she looks too soft and pretty. Normally, I like females looking soft and pretty, but in the case of Medusa I want her to look like she's insanely evil and full of hatred, something that the face on the snake tail version does not convey.

So, to clarify. If the snake tail version of your new sculpt had the green skin and came with the two more evil looking portraits that the legs version comes with, I would love it. However, it doesn't.

EDIT: In fact, per the actual description of Medusa on ARH's own website:

She was originally a golden-haired and extremely beautiful woman, who, as a priestess of Athena, was devoted to a life of celibacy; however, after being raped by Poseidon, she was punished by the goddess in a most terrible manner. Each wavy lock of the beautiful hair that had charmed her husband was changed into a venomous snake; her once gentle, love-inspiring eyes turned into blood-shot, furious orbs, which excited fear and disgust in the mind of the onlooker; whilst her former roseate hue and milk-white skin assumed a loathsome greenish tinge.
Ok so you like the angry Barbie look..we get it
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:30 PM   #442
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Can some one give me the dimensions of each box?
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:45 PM   #443
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

I debated on this statue for a while when it was first released but ended up getting both Achilles and Leonidas for about the same price instead. However, I ended up getting one of these today for $600 from ARH because they were making room in the office and sold 10 for 50% off. They did increase the original price from $1000 to $1200 so it was $600 instead of $500 but that's still $400 cheaper than the normal retail. Looking forward to seeing this in person.

Thanks ARH for the sale!
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:11 AM   #444
SAB380
The X-Men

Incredible deal, congrats!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:49 AM   #445
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

LOL...sucks big time for those that bought this full price. i preordered one of these from BBTS but cancelled it since i saw on ebay you can actually get it for cheaper PLUS free shipping AND with best offers available.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:36 PM   #446
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I am really liking the "Anaconda" version they have up on their website right now. Only 10 being done. $1,500 is too steep for me though at the moment as I had some unexpected expenses

https://arhstudioscollectibles.com/s...dusa-anaconda/
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #447
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I am really liking the "Anaconda" version they have up on their website right now. Only 10 being done. $1,500 is too steep for me though at the moment as I had some unexpected expenses

Hmm these being done in house? or overseas...
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #448
dao2
Cyclops

in house id imagine, no factory is gonna do 10 repaints :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:56 PM   #449
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Hmm these being done in house? or overseas...
I remember some people had some significant damage to these statues. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made up some molds for the repairs and are now making a new edition based off these molds. If there are only ten available, they are not coming from China. Alternately, they might just want to move them off the shelf and have repainted them from the original version in hopes they will sell better. I certainly think the new paint scheme is a major improvement over the old one. She looks fantastic.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #450
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post

lol...$1,500 USD plus the priceless agony dealing with ARH for a "brown version"? not to mention the green version is still available on ebay for as low as $850 USD. just get that and repaint it yourself.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote