Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #141
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

looks very nice, however couple issues:

1) Hate the fact the bat light + symbol is spray painted, it just looks silly in otherwise a serious themed statue. Will never understand why IS decide to mess up the bat symbol, i get Joker is his arch enemy, but at least offer a clean switchout cover

2) While switchout mouth pieces sound good on paper, we have to remember this is not hot toys or enterbay, but a polystone statue/company. The switchout needs to fit perfect 100%, any kind of gap will destroy the visual - i honestly dont have a lot of faith IS will get this right on such small pieces. Much prefer if they just keep it simple with 2 switchout heads and no switchout mouth pieces.

3) The batarang looks disproportionately big, i am not sure which version they based this batman on, but it looks a bit silly. But this is more of a minor gripe - personally preference i guess.

Overall good statue, but because of above, it falls strictly into the wait-until-after-release-then-decide category especially given the price. If i miss it, i miss it. Not like there is a shortage of highend 1/3 batmans flooding the market (thanks prime1!)
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #142
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

SS CS Chat... no ES but can still sell out. IS didn't provide an ES.

jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:33 PM   #143
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
looks very nice, however couple issues:

1) Hate the fact the bat light + symbol is spray painted, it just looks silly in otherwise a serious themed statue. Will never understand why IS decide to mess up the bat symbol, i get Joker is his arch enemy, but at least offer a clean switchout cover

2) While switchout mouth pieces sound good on paper, we have to remember this is not hot toys or enterbay, but a polystone statue/company. The switchout needs to fit perfect 100%, any kind of gap will destroy the visual - i honestly dont have a lot of faith IS will get this right on such small pieces. Much prefer if they just keep it simple with 2 switchout heads and no switchout mouth pieces.

3) The batarang looks disproportionately big, i am not sure which version they based this batman on, but it looks a bit silly. But this is more of a minor gripe - personally preference i guess.

Overall good statue, but because of above, it falls strictly into the wait-until-after-release-then-decide category especially given the price. If i miss it, i miss it. Not like there is a shortage of highend 1/3 batmans flooding the market (thanks prime1!)
He does have switch out hands, 3. Ditch the batarang.

This is just a repaint of the OG, and Ive seen no complaints whatsoever on the OG.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #144
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I pulled the trigger. I've always loved this statue and would have bought the grey version for $1500 if I was able to find it at that price. The price of $999 is that much sweeter. I couldn't chance this selling out. It's one of my favorite Batman statues. The only thing preventing this from possibly selling out is iron studios but I've been fortunate with them and have never had any problems.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #145
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm so happy about this, but more for the possibilities of future IS releases being distributed by SSC. Certain changes, like the whited-out eyes on both portraits and the Joker-vandalized batsignal, really work for me. But the entire body sculpt disappears into his cape with the black paint app. Sure, it's more realistic for a dark avenger, but I feel like they could've kept the grey so that the cool costume design elements (good job, Ivan Reis!) still popped at normal viewing distance.

Either way, they were extremely smart to put this out before the summer cons. I've always liked this piece more than the P1 Batman statues that have been released so far; but I sense their Jim Lee and David Finch pieces will overshadow it, not to mention the Frank Miller statue everyone will be receiving soon.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #146
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post

I don't remember a face plate gap being an issue from the few video reviewers wealthy enough to put up for the original. At least one did mention the cape is plastic, which might be a deal-breaker for some, although it makes sense to prevent leaning.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:51 PM   #147
JD18_92
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Man, nice to see some ppl are holding off on PO'n this. I like everyone else loved this statue when it was first released but that price put an end to owning it real quick. This however, while i still think i enjoy the Blue and grey more, is still a fantastic piece. For the price well worth it. Hopefully this can stay up for anther few weeks. I think id be kicking myself if i missed out on this guy. Hands down one of the most impressive Batman statues I've ever seen. Love that super modern tactical look
JD18_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #148
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
SS CS Chat... no ES but can still sell out. IS didn't provide an ES.

If IS didn't provide an ES then how do they know when to stop taking pre-orders.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #149
JD18_92
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

also looking closer at the pics on the website. it looks like they are vinyl stickers that are on the light. Wonder if you could peel them off
JD18_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #150
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
If IS didn't provide an ES then how do they know when to stop taking pre-orders.
Right? The OG was 300, 200 REG, 100 EX.