Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 06-02-2019, 09:55 PM   #121
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookBeck View Post
Cook and Becker is an art company focused on a niche of enthusiasts. We (I'm one of the founders) started the company because we ourselves were looking for digital art and video game art prints of a higher quality than what was, and is out there. Something that you can hang between art photography prints or something like a James Jean or Murakami print.

There are enough companies catering to the pop culture mass market, but we've never been interested in that really because that customer base is well catered for, but we focus instead on a niche of collectors that prize quality and craftsmanship and that want an art piece that is as close to the artists' intention as possible (which is why we proof everything with the studio art teams).

It is also part of our mission to have 'entertainment art' be part of the wider contemporary art landscape and not have it pigeon- holed in the pop culture niche only. We participate in contemporary museum shows around the world for instance. No museum is going to buy a $25 dollar offset printed litho with a big video game logo underneath. So there is a quality benchmark we need and want to hit for that. Video game companies are not great at the preservation of their heritage and we feel that our prints can help with that. I'm also very proud that in many video game studios the art they have on their wall is produced by Cook and Becker. And more and more studios are approaching us to do a high-end series. We just did one for Riot Games (that sold out in hour or so at $99 price point).

Part of our customer base may not care about all of the above but even so, you'll see once you bought one of our prints, it is very hard to go back to something with less quality
I commend you for your efforts. It is much appreciated.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:10 AM   #122
CookBeck
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
Any Game of Thrones prints planned?
I actually know one of the key concept artists for GoT very well, but as of yet I have no contacts at HBO.
CookBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:15 PM   #123
HowToLitho101
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Got my print back from hobby lobby. Love this thing so much. The quote/receipt from store for those who are curious. I cant wait for you guys to get yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190604_201248.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	307.0 KB
ID:	123828   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190604_201220.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	123829  
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:14 PM   #124
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowToLitho101 View Post
Got my print back from hobby lobby. Love this thing so much. The quote/receipt from store for those who are curious. I cant wait for you guys to get yours.
Wow that looks amazing man. Just a 1.5" black matte and left some of the white on the print showing? I love it. Regular glass?
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:35 PM   #125
HowToLitho101

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Wow that looks amazing man. Just a 1.5" black matte and left some of the white on the print showing? I love it. Regular glass?
Yup thats what I did. So, i asked for and paid for museum glass. I'm wondering if I accidentally got non museum glass. Its kinda a little more reflective than my other print which is museum glass, but not ass reflective as my other print which is just uv reflection control plastic. I'm wondering if the colors of the print itself is causing the extra reflection or what. Im at this moment trying to figure that out. If anyone has any tips let me know.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:35 PM   #126
Luminous
Cyclops

Nice choice of frame.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:37 PM   #127
M United
The Spirit

Quote:
That looks amazing.

On a side note hasn't USA changed their laws yet to have all taxes included in the price? I still cant believe you see a price and after they add tax a then tab c etc.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:40 PM   #128
HowToLitho101

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
That looks amazing.

On a side note hasn't USA changed their laws yet to have all taxes included in the price? I still cant believe you see a price and after they add tax a then tab c etc.

Yup total was 380 *after taxes*
Old 06-05-2019, 09:54 PM   #129
HowToLitho101

Quote:
Yup thats what I did. So, i asked for and paid for museum glass. I'm wondering if I accidentally got non museum glass. Its kinda a little more reflective than my other print which is museum glass, but not ass reflective as my other print which is just uv reflection control plastic. I'm wondering if the colors of the print itself is causing the extra reflection or what. Im at this moment trying to figure that out. If anyone has any tips let me know.

Just an update. I called hobby lobby saying that this glass was not as amazing as my other museum glass. I guess the lady that gave me the quote (not the framer) did not know that museum glass does not come in that big of size for them, so this is actually acrylic (with uv protection, not that it matters with cook and becker prints because they have if resistance either way). But ya i guess acrylic is more expensive than museum glass? They said this should cost me 150 for the glass, but i paid 110 due to the error. I have no idea if that is true. I'm fine with this. Ill just put it in a spot that fits it best. Its still not as reflective as normal glass so thats good. I freaking love this so much.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:29 AM   #130
M United
The Spirit

Is possible to have an alliance and horde art print (the large size) with all the heroes on each print? So an alliance art print and a horde art print with not only the heroes but their faction symbol also on it.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote