Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-23-2023, 09:43 AM   #741
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Chain View Post
I've been regularly having things shipped from China and Japan for well over a decade now and this is the first import tax anyone has ever asked of me.

From my perspective, it's seems like something has changed. Why now this tax? Is it to deter spending money overseas? My mind keeps going to the US relations with China and the whole balloon ordeal.
im not a long time Prime 1 collector, my first piece was the Batman Batcave that arrived in 2021. Was the same then and the same for my Predator 2 Wall Art.

With the super slow economy shipping it includes all the import fees as they are probably paid together by the container load by Prime 1.

Prime 1 literally shipped this thing on the other side of the world in less than week which is incredible impressive, but they fees are unfortunately your responsibility. i'm waiting on a UPS package from the middle of the country to to arrive in 5 days, for something to arrive from on the other side of the world in 3-5 is unbelievable.

what is the extra duty import fee?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:30 AM   #742
Mr Collectible
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just checked, looks like our busts has been delayed due to an export gateway hold (UK) ... currently says clearance in progress. Hopefully, may still getting it tomorrow or Saturday.
Mr Collectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:58 AM   #743
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Collectible View Post
Just checked, looks like our busts has been delayed due to an export gateway hold (UK) ... currently says clearance in progress. Hopefully, may still getting it tomorrow or Saturday.
Have you received a request to pay import charges
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 11:42 AM   #744
Mr Collectible

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Have you received a request to pay import charges
Nah, I didn't get one. What's your tracking saying now?
Old 02-23-2023, 12:07 PM   #745
Bat Chain
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
im not a long time Prime 1 collector, my first piece was the Batman Batcave that arrived in 2021. Was the same then and the same for my Predator 2 Wall Art.

With the super slow economy shipping it includes all the import fees as they are probably paid together by the container load by Prime 1.

Prime 1 literally shipped this thing on the other side of the world in less than week which is incredible impressive, but they fees are unfortunately your responsibility. i'm waiting on a UPS package from the middle of the country to to arrive in 5 days, for something to arrive from on the other side of the world in 3-5 is unbelievable.

what is the extra duty import fee?
As far as Prime 1 goes I've only had one thing shipped Standard and it didn't involve an extra fee. (One of the 1/6th scale JP Raptors.) Everything else; everything sizable, was shipped economy.

DHL is amazingly fast and I have primarily used them (and EMS) when shipping direct from the Xplus store in Japan, Hobbysearch, Hobbylink, and Amiami and again, have never had any additional charges. So, the difference is between China vs Japan?

My extra charge for the Predator Bust is $65.84
Bat Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:10 PM   #746
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Nah, I didn't get one. What's your tracking saying now?
Mines in Germany. Had to pay ?240 VAT
Old 02-23-2023, 12:19 PM   #747
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

I’ve got a “shipment exception” status from Fed Ex. It’s been stuck in TSUEN WAN HK for 3 days now.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:29 PM   #748
Mr Collectible

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Mines in Germany. Had to pay ?240 VAT
Ah ok, how do you know it's in Germany? I haven't been told where mine is? Are you shipping with UPS? Did you order directly from Prime 1?
Old 02-23-2023, 01:53 PM   #749
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Ah ok, how do you know it's in Germany? I haven't been told where mine is? Are you shipping with UPS? Did you order directly from Prime 1?
Ordered direct from P1. The UPS tracking shows it?s arrived in Germany
Old 02-23-2023, 01:59 PM   #750
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Chain View Post
I just received that text too. First time in over 15+ years of collecting. Why now?

When I check the status online it still says it's in route and says nothing about being held for import duties. Any chance it will just be delivered without me having to make that bandit at the bridge payment?
Why? All of our tax money goes to Ukraine. I can’t even sell used stuff without paypal etc. harassing me about tax forms bs. This is bullcrap.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote