Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
Smith88
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Loved Afro Samurai, Samurai Champloo, Basilisk, Elfen Lied, Ninja Scroll OVA, Fist of the North Star, High School of the Dead, Gatchaman OVA, Blood OVA and Witchblade.
I can't rant too much about it without spoilers... but I REALLY disliked Basilisk

Samurai Champloo was pretty awesome.

Fist of the North Star is another of those awesome classics.
Smith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
boniceman
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Cowboy Bebop, samurai champloo, Fullmetal alchemist, Evangelion (BTW the rebuild movies are amazing ), soul eater, trigun, black butler, darker than black, and of course the long term shonen jump anime, dragonballz, naruto, bleach, and one piece
boniceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
boniceman

BTW, I recently bought 3 anime series, and I have no idea if they are good or bad lol! I would be thankful if you guys could give me some opinions about these anime series

1.Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
2.Gintama
3.Togainu No Chi
Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #14
Smith88

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniceman View Post
BTW, I recently bought 3 anime series, and I have no idea if they are good or bad lol! I would be thankful if you guys could give me some opinions about these anime series

1.Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
2.Gintama
3.Togainu No Chi
Sadly I haven't seen any of those. You'll have to let me know
Old 05-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
Smith88

Quote:
Cowboy Bebop, samurai champloo, Fullmetal alchemist, Evangelion (BTW the rebuild movies are amazing ), soul eater, trigun, black butler, darker than black, and of course the long term shonen jump anime, dragonballz, naruto, bleach, and one piece
Ah... Evangelion... A show where I hated pretty much every character. I was rooting for world destruction. Awesome mech design though. I could rant endlessly about the stuff I disliked about it.

Soul Eater is on my list of shows to watch... but the main female characters voice is SOOOOOOOOO annoying.

Watched a LOT of Naruto... Liked the abilities and some of the side characters more than I liked the story... Especially with the "I'm going to force Sauske to come back!" game plan. I'd hate to see him on dates. No means No Naruto.

Bleach is a show I'm more interested in catching up on. I was going to start right after the whole "bount (?) / stuffed animal story arc" my friend says I should avoid like the plague.

Saw Darker than Black S1... Need to rewatch and check out S2

FMA is great. Want to watch brotherhood. More manly tears to shed.

Trigun started great but seemed to fizzle for me halfway through... all the way to the ending. To the point where at the ending I was more glad it was over than I was over any story resolution.

b.t.w. hope you guys don't mind me giving my opinions / picking apart shows you list.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
boniceman

Evangelion "Rebuild" is the same Evangelion without the psichological weirdness and more mecha fights with insane animations, they're pretty good movies.

Soul eater is a pretty good anime, though I never notice Maka's annoying voice... maybe you're talking about the english dub! because in japanese Maka's voice is pretty much normal.

Naruto Shippuden is very good, but I recommend skipping the fillers, they are terrible..

Bleach, well, I have mixed opinions on this anime, there are good arcs and terrible arcs ( like the stuffed animal arc... oh God why...)

Darker than black is awesome! but don't waste your time seeing the sason 2, sadly It's not good..

FMA is good, FMA brotherhood is amazing. It's self explanatory.

I agree with what you said about trigun, the end was terrible.. but the anime started pretty good. It was funny as hell

and do not worry, that's what the forums are for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith88 View Post
Ah... Evangelion... A show where I hated pretty much every character. I was rooting for world destruction. Awesome mech design though. I could rant endlessly about the stuff I disliked about it.

Soul Eater is on my list of shows to watch... but the main female characters voice is SOOOOOOOOO annoying.

Watched a LOT of Naruto... Liked the abilities and some of the side characters more than I liked the story... Especially with the "I'm going to force Sauske to come back!" game plan. I'd hate to see him on dates. No means No Naruto.

Bleach is a show I'm more interested in catching up on. I was going to start right after the whole "bount (?) / stuffed animal story arc" my friend says I should avoid like the plague.

Saw Darker than Black S1... Need to rewatch and check out S2

FMA is great. Want to watch brotherhood. More manly tears to shed.

Trigun started great but seemed to fizzle for me halfway through... all the way to the ending. To the point where at the ending I was more glad it was over than I was over any story resolution.

b.t.w. hope you guys don't mind me giving my opinions / picking apart shows you list.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
Nyxs
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Loved Afro Samurai, Samurai Champloo, Basilisk, Elfen Lied, Ninja Scroll OVA, Fist of the North Star, High School of the Dead, Gatchaman OVA, Blood OVA and Witchblade.
Good list! Absolutely loved all of the ones you listed, maybe except for High School of the Dead(haven't watched it yet). I recommend you check out Samurai 7, I think you'll like it.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
Smith88

Quote:
Soul eater is a pretty good anime, though I never notice Maka's annoying voice... maybe you're talking about the english dub! because in japanese Maka's voice is pretty much normal.

Naruto Shippuden is very good, but I recommend skipping the fillers, they are terrible..

Bleach, well, I have mixed opinions on this anime, there are good arcs and terrible arcs ( like the stuffed animal arc... oh God why...)

Darker than black is awesome! but don't waste your time seeing the sason 2, sadly It's not good..

and do not worry, that's what the forums are for
I NEVER watch dubs... Ever. There's something about the pitch and it's really nasally. It was distinct enough that after the 2 episodes of Soul Eater I saw I was able to place the voice actress in a different show. But maybe I'm just that awesome

Yeah... Filler was my main problem with bleach and naruto... Think I'd be better off just reading the manga... Naruto seemed to stretch everything out... especially compared to the Manga. 2 episodes vs. 3 pages.

That's sad about S2... maybe I'll just avoid it and keep my happy memories of S1.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
Smith88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxs View Post
Good list! Absolutely loved all of the ones you listed, maybe except for High School of the Dead(haven't watched it yet). I recommend you check out Samurai 7, I think you'll like it.
High School of the dead is pretty awesome... but be prepared for jiggles and panty shots... good lord. More underwear per episode that a Victoria's Secret advert.

Samurai 7 seems like a cool show... but it's one I've NEVER been able to get through. Not out of dislike or anything... just some weird thing that I can't get past 4-5 episodes. Maybe that'll get bumped up on my list.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #20
Smith88

B.t.w. if anyone watches a show based on my recommendation and likes it... lemme know. It'd be good to know I've been helpful.