Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-11-2016, 02:31 PM   #1021
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
From XM. And BBTS has lost a lot of respect for me. They have been jacking up prices on stuff over the past year and a half, and not just for these small run statues, but their figures and stuff too. It is kinda sad.

And the shipping is going to be passed down to you if you buy from a US distributor anyways, so you are not going to escape it completely. The difference was negligible between the options when I was looking.
Oh that sucks to hear... I thought I was going to get a normal USA price and skip the insane shipping. Too good to be true. Lol in this case the world wide retail really makes no sense if they just pass the buyers the high shipping to import these.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #1022
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Oh that sucks to hear... I thought I was going to get a normal USA price and skip the insane shipping. Too good to be true. Lol in this case the world wide retail really makes no sense if they just pass the buyers the high shipping to import these.
Everyone has to make money man. The distributors buy it at a reduced cost, but not a ton. They can't eat shipping. The reason that you see some others getting lower shipping is because it is from companies pushing out either larger quantities which means they ship a larger amount at once which leads to lower total cost per a unit. Or you have companies that are US based and are getting everything shipped here first, so when the distributors buy their stock it is not costing an arm and a leg for them to get it in country and don't have to worry about passing on the cost to the end consumer.

The only reason to buy direct from XM is once/if you become a prestige member (by having ~3-5 statues registered with them), after which you get a x% discount from them. Until then just make sure you secure your statues you want at non-exorbitant rates.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #1023
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Everyone has to make money man. The distributors buy it at a reduced cost, but not a ton. They can't eat shipping. The reason that you see some others getting lower shipping is because it is from companies pushing out either larger quantities which means they ship a larger amount at once which leads to lower total cost per a unit. Or you have companies that are US based and are getting everything shipped here first, so when the distributors buy their stock it is not costing an arm and a leg for them to get it in country and don't have to worry about passing on the cost to the end consumer.

The only reason to buy direct from XM is once/if you become a prestige member (by having ~3-5 statues registered with them), after which you get a x% discount from them. Until then just make sure you secure your statues you want at non-exorbitant rates.
What about the perk of direct customer service? If you go through a third party, you'll have to go to them for support right?
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #1024
slynger
Hellboy

I've never ordered from them, but I've heard several horror stories regarding customer service from Secret Compass. Just research them before placing a large $$ order like that, is all I would say.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #1025
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I really want this Witchblade. I just need something to cover her with when mom or the GF visits
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #1026
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
I really want this Witchblade. I just need something to cover her with when mom or the GF visits
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:59 PM   #1027
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
I've never ordered from them, but I've heard several horror stories regarding customer service from Secret Compass. Just research them before placing a large $$ order like that, is all I would say.
I heard bad things about them too.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #1028
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Here's my video of Witchblade from STGCC. I thought she looked much better in person. Some of you will be upset to know that this is one of the statues that I forgot to film from the back. So no booty shots guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7iu6hpnq0A
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:47 AM   #1029
apellica
The Herculoids

Soooooo.....when is she going up for pre-order? October? November?
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:00 PM   #1030
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I just love the "anime" face. That is definitely the one I would display, if I get her.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote